Make a donation

Author Topic: Edition 30 market  (Read 6570 times)

Offline swight

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
  • My Ride: 2007 Golf GTi Edition 30 in Candy White
Edition 30 market
« on: June 22, 2019, 04:58:14 pm »
I am trying to sell my Edition 30 at the moment.

It is lovely car in Candy White, 142,000 miles, but in superb condition with no rust anywhere, loads of service history and receipts.

Not had one bit interest, advertised at £5,450, would take less.

So do you think with mk7's now becoming cheaper its pushed down the mk5 market?

There does seem to be a lot for sale on Ebay the moment, prices all over the place, so perhaps the market is flooded with Edition 30 at the moment?

Any input be appreciated

Offline Saintsteve

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 2
Re: Edition 30 market
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2019, 06:02:44 pm »
Is it a 3 door with manual Gearbox and does it have any factory options?

3 door manuals, high amount of owners and low optioned Ed30’s seem to sell for less, prices for lower mileage, 5 door DSG with lots of options are still going for strong money.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 09:12:01 am by Saintsteve »
Tornado Red Edition30 DSG Build Number 114
Atlantic Blue Mk7.5 GTE Advance
Follow Saintsteve330 on Instagram

Offline loop

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 26
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2019, 08:00:04 pm »
Mileage is probably the main issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
‘05 GT, Retrofits: RNS 510 DAB+, R32 Highline Cluster, R32 MFSW, Mk6 Reversing Camera, 7P6 Bluetooth, TPMS, Cruise Control, VW MDI, Chrome switches, Blaupunkt THA 475 amp.

Offline bobby_fodge

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 38
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2019, 09:26:34 pm »
I think white is always going to be a hard sell. Every one series and c class was whiter a couple of years ago but that dad has now passed.

Leasing is big now and the power of new golfs have risen in the last few years.

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2019, 09:20:26 pm »
White isn't the issue seeing as driving around in fridge and dishwasher coloured cars seems trendy these days.

Mileage, doors and manual are the reasons I reckon, because:

5 doors are for wimps who think they will use the rear doors, but never do, and 5 door MK5s look utterly sh1te and boring.

DSG is for people who can't drive.  They can only cope with pressing 2 pedals and turning a steering wheel.  An extra pedal and lever confuses them.

And yeah, the market probably is a bit full from people trying to get 380+hp from Stage 2+ and realising 340-350 is the absolute max, then selling them  :grin:

« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 09:21:58 pm by Pudding »

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline colesey

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 89
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2019, 06:33:32 am »
I’m sure a buyer will come along and your car will sell. It sounds like the condition offsets the mileage and if the usual wear items have been recently replaced (belts / chain / dv / hpfp tappet / tyres etc) then you should point that out in advert.

We all have our individual preferences for colour / doors / transmission but as time goes on and good cars become rarer, I suspect buyers will become more flexible.

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2019, 12:10:39 pm »
£5,450 is so cheap for an Edition 30.  Surprised it hasn't gone already.  A lot of performance potential for not a lot of money.

10 years ago £5K would buy you nothing of interest.  People are spoiled for choice now!

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline Mark_DF05

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 8
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2019, 02:22:50 pm »
Looking around the variation on price seems crazy.  Mileage is a strange one really as surely if you pay 10-12k for a low milage one now you’ll just end up losing a load of money when you start putting miles on it as opposed to buying one with higher mileage to begin with.

But I imagine it’s the mileage putting people off and the fact that more and more people are opting for pcp deals these days

Offline shoaybmakda

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2019, 07:51:42 pm »

5 doors are for wimps who think they will use the rear doors, but never do, and 5 door MK5s look utterly sh1te and boring.

DSG is for people who can't drive.  They can only cope with pressing 2 pedals and turning a steering wheel.  An extra pedal and lever confuses them.

Quite sweeping statements there - not all DSG owners can't drive. I prefer a dsg as I don't like having to press the clutch pedal every three seconds in stop start traffic on my way home from work. Some people need a 5 door for ease of use/family and actually do use the rear doors.

Offline MIJ_JAGGER

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 103
  • -Receive: 77
Edition 30 market
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2019, 08:20:50 pm »

Quite sweeping statements there - not all DSG owners can't drive. I prefer a dsg as I don't like having to press the clutch pedal every three seconds in stop start traffic on my way home from work. Some people need a 5 door for ease of use/family and actually do use the rear doors.
Indeed
Although I do remember Pudding saying in hindsight he should’ve got a DSG instead of manual a while back... hmmm lol

Ps OP good luck with the sale

Offline Bad-vw-boy

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 0
  • Golfs you gotta luv em!!
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2019, 09:02:56 pm »
more people are after 5 doors as three doors are a nightmare in the car parks , and lets face it manual cars are great , but if dsg or similar were so bad then why do the f1 teams use similar style gearboxes and not manual......just saying :thinking:
Mk5 Golf GTI DSG

Offline Saintsteve

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2019, 07:02:55 am »
I would always go for a higher mileage car, think of all the service work that it’s had, rather then one that’s been sat after 10 years plus..... These low mileage ones are being passed on with misfiring issues that new buyers don’t realise what is required to keep these engines going after 60000miles, by this mileage, most jobs like Cam belts, DSG servicing, Valve decoke, and most importantly all things that tend to perish like CV boots,suspension bushings that will be shot due to lack of use,

Service history would be what decides a purchase if I was looking , not something that’s been sat around with no miles and little in the way of serving.
No brainier for me and that’s something people need to remember before automatically going for the lowest mileage car.
Tornado Red Edition30 DSG Build Number 114
Atlantic Blue Mk7.5 GTE Advance
Follow Saintsteve330 on Instagram

Offline Dogma

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2019, 08:40:42 am »
I would always go for a higher mileage car, think of all the service work that it’s had, rather then one that’s been sat after 10 years plus..... These low mileage ones are being passed on with misfiring issues that new buyers don’t realise what is required to keep these engines going after 60000miles, by this mileage, most jobs like Cam belts, DSG servicing, Valve decoke, and most importantly all things that tend to perish like CV boots,suspension bushings that will be shot due to lack of use,

Service history would be what decides a purchase if I was looking , not something that’s been sat around with no miles and little in the way of serving.
No brainier for me and that’s something people need to remember before automatically going for the lowest mileage car.

I love the fact you think low mileage cars are not cared for or looked after.
I have low miles and the car wants for nothing.....

MK5 ED30

Offline colesey

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 89
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2019, 07:10:36 pm »

I love the fact you think low mileage cars are not cared for or looked after.
I have low miles and the car wants for nothing.....

I know, is complete crap. I’ve owned my car from new and it is just about to hit 30k miles. We live in Central London and it gets used for short runs most days. The underneath / running gear still looks new and it has spent most of its life at low revs with fresh oil every year.

Whilst I wouldn’t overlook a well maintained high mileage car in good condition, I don’t believe that there should be any inverted snobbery about lower mileage cars. Everything should be judged on its own merits.

Offline Lewo

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2019, 11:15:03 pm »
Love my 5 door gti
Love the dsg.
I must be old.
 :partywave: