Make a donation

Author Topic: Odd boosting issue at WOT, help please?  (Read 2585 times)

Offline Phillyf21

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
Odd boosting issue at WOT, help please?
« on: July 04, 2019, 10:08:17 am »
Hi all,

I'm experiencing a strange boosting issue with my Shark stage 1 TFSI. When planting my foot i'm not getting full boost, this is not every time but 80% of the time. Funny thing is if I build the revs up at say half throttle at around 2.5k rpm I'll get a little kick of boost then if I plant my foot I get full boost all the way through the range.

I need to log requested v actual boost in VCDS but my laptop is broke.

I'm thinking the turbo is on the way out as its still on the original at 126k miles. Also the diverter has been changed not 10k miles ago to the Rev D.

Thoughts?

Offline Shamm

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
Re: Odd boosting issue at WOT, help please?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2019, 08:02:22 am »
Have you checked if any pipes are loose, i had the same issue the clip for the intercooler pipe sheared off

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
Re: Odd boosting issue at WOT, help please?
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2019, 07:16:20 pm »
Hi all,

I'm experiencing a strange boosting issue with my Shark stage 1 TFSI. When planting my foot i'm not getting full boost, this is not every time but 80% of the time. Funny thing is if I build the revs up at say half throttle at around 2.5k rpm I'll get a little kick of boost then if I plant my foot I get full boost all the way through the range.

I need to log requested v actual boost in VCDS but my laptop is broke.

I'm thinking the turbo is on the way out as its still on the original at 126k miles. Also the diverter has been changed not 10k miles ago to the Rev D.

Thoughts?

Definitely need to log the usual ECU channels.

If the turbo was gone you'd get a lot of noise from it and bugger all boost.   Sure, it may not be quite as healthy compared to brand new but they either work or don't, so focus your attention on the logging first.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D