Make a donation

Author Topic: Road tax  (Read 5378 times)

Offline Dogma

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 15
Road tax
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2019, 01:56:40 pm »
:thinking: hmmmmmmmmmm my dvla rip off letter has just landed reminding me that I have to pay £300 to tax a 14 yr old car.
I have decided that the dvla need to increase tax to pay for multi lingual signs on the m6 .........no where in Europe do they do this :fighting:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7226671/M6-digital-motorway-signs-nine-foreign-languages-driver-problems.html

Makes you wonder, it’s all the cars with little to no road tax we are paying for.

To be honest it’s just the start within the next 2 years we are going to see a  bigger increase. I think to the point, it will not be worth the cost on keeping them on the road or they just start MOTing them of the road. Either way we are screwed......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 10:51:06 pm by Dogma »
MK5 ED30

Offline colesey

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 89
Re: Road tax
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2019, 06:34:23 pm »
That’s a good point. As the take up of electric cars grows, receipts from road tax and congestion charges will fall leaving the Govt / LAs with a funding gap. There’ll be some offset from unwinding the grants presently given on new lecky registrations but not enough. Having a fossil fuelled car will be become increasingly liable for more sin taxes.

Offline Dogma

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 15
Road tax
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2019, 11:00:40 pm »
That’s a good point. As the take up of electric cars grows, receipts from road tax and congestion charges will fall leaving the Govt / LAs with a funding gap. There’ll be some offset from unwinding the grants presently given on new lecky registrations but not enough. Having a fossil fuelled car will be become increasingly liable for more sin taxes.

I’ve looked at electric cars only a small one to replace the polo, as we get free changing at work so why not, but the prices are just to crazy atm. Second hand electric cars would a mine field due to battery wear etc. The future for car ownership don’t look good.

I know it’s not over yet, but like anything in life it’s here before you know it. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MK5 ED30