Make a donation

Author Topic: Intermittent Misfire/Rough Running  (Read 15866 times)

Offline TheBALDpuma

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
Re: Intermittent Misfire/Rough Running
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2019, 03:33:45 pm »
There has been a rattle at idle, but it's gone now, I think it could have just been trim rattling. Bit it has got me paranoid.

The injectors are getting done regardless at the garage, I'm just wondering whether there is an overall cost saving to have other important stuff done at the same time. Like changing a water pump when you do the cambelt.

I really don't know what goes where so it could be a really dumb question!!

Offline titchy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 33
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2019, 08:40:45 pm »
cam belt  and pump nowhere injectors inlet manifold has to come off worth getting flaps checked whilst its off

Offline JTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2019, 10:58:24 pm »
There has been a rattle at idle, but it's gone now, I think it could have just been trim rattling. Bit it has got me paranoid.

The injectors are getting done regardless at the garage, I'm just wondering whether there is an overall cost saving to have other important stuff done at the same time. Like changing a water pump when you do the cambelt.

I really don't know what goes where so it could be a really dumb question!!

VW often do deals on cambelt and water pump when done at same time.

Offline Alex Booth

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 7
  • AKS Tuning
    • AKS Tuning
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2019, 11:18:08 am »
Sounds like an injector fault if they improved after cleaning then? Why not whip them out and send them off to be flow tested for the sake of how much it costs. Both AKS Tuning & R-Tech have injector testing equipment.

Offline JTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2019, 12:03:48 pm »
Sounds like an injector fault if they improved after cleaning then? Why not whip them out and send them off to be flow tested for the sake of how much it costs. Both AKS Tuning & R-Tech have injector testing equipment.

I sprayed the sea foam into the intake manifold. Would it go through the injectors when going this route?

My theory is the intake valves are a bit gunked and each time I'm foaming it it's getting slightly better. Had a misfire session yesterday and it only lasted a few miles before returning to normal. The roughness of the idle was also noticeably less than before.

I thought maybe the cat was blocked also and the foam may be cleaning that slowly, but I understand from reading that no system cleaner would clean the cat as such.

Still getting that jerkiness when going up through the lower gears though  :thinking:

Offline colesey

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 89
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2019, 01:29:34 pm »
No foam would reach the injectors this way as these engines are direct injection, with the injectors going into the combustion chamber rather than spraying into the manifold.

Offline Rigsby

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 8
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2019, 11:46:44 am »
Have you tried a bottle of injector cleaner?
That’s what I did along with a full tank of v-power

Offline titchy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 33
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2019, 01:24:23 pm »
Try some Forte injector cleaner you can get it It on E Bay its good stuf

Offline TheBALDpuma

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2019, 09:40:49 pm »
Well I just got mine back from having an injector replaced.  Running sweet as a nut now. Cost a chunky £650 though :(

Offline paradigmus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2020, 10:30:28 pm »
I will also keep ignoring the injectors, my opinion is that they are not worthy and it is possible to fail. I know a lot of guys who have the same problem and the issue with injectors are common.  I am a big expert in cars, cause I have my own transport company and I have used a lot of cars in it. In big companies it is very difficult to control everything and  recently, I have implemented the DQ checklist from Avatar Fleet it will help me to check all the costs and to keep all under control.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2020, 12:54:24 am by paradigmus »