Make a donation

Author Topic: Handfree Bluetooth module calling/mute issue  (Read 2245 times)

Offline Stupots

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 35
Handfree Bluetooth module calling/mute issue
« on: July 20, 2019, 03:47:24 pm »
Hi, I have an RNS 510 with a a Bluetooth module and when I make/receive a call I can hear the caller for about 2 seconds, then nothing for about a second, then again for 2 etc... The radio (if playing) also doesn't mute properly, it plays for a second and mutes for 2 etc... The caller can hear me just fine. It's been like this for years, but I'd like to finally get it resolved :D

Has anyone else experienced this?

Cheers, Stu.
2006 VW Golf Mk5 Sport TDI 4Motion (140 BKD)

Offline Dogma

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 15
Re: Handfree Bluetooth module calling/mute issue
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2019, 09:14:44 am »
Try factory resetting the unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MK5 ED30

Offline Stupots

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 35
Re: Handfree Bluetooth module calling/mute issue
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2019, 08:26:58 am »
OK, I fixed this.

In the end it was due to the fact that when I purchased the car it had a factory fitted phone cradle and unbeknown to me this has it's own module. The give away was when I checked the part number in the VCDS scan "77 Telephone" was showing part 1K0035729 E rather than the module i had fitted 5K0035730 D!

On a right hand drive car this old module is under the drivers seat and can be disconnected through a cutout in the carpet next to the cover for the seat loom.

Ripped it out and now perfect hands free operation (after 4 years of doing without). VCDS sees the new module and there was no need for additional coding.  :happy2:
2006 VW Golf Mk5 Sport TDI 4Motion (140 BKD)