Make a donation

Author Topic: ITG group buy ?  (Read 32593 times)

Offline jmspear

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 11
Re: ITG group buy ?
« Reply #180 on: March 25, 2010, 08:26:42 pm »
Well done kev  :congrats: satisfying isn't it. Every time I stopped the car i had to pop the bonnet just to have a look, it looks so good, very professional, and really pleased with my work installing it. Had already showed to my mates but 8:00am this am  (how sad is that  :laugh:).  It looks great, ads to the performance big style, the sound just grows and grows, love the lift off dump valve chatter, and the performance is great. Did 200 miles on it today, cotswold lanes, furious multi vehicle and lorry overtaking on the A40 (all @ legal speeds no more than 60mph ossifer honest), motorway cruising on M40 and town driving in central london and every bit was a joy, great bottom end, will pull effortlessly from 1500 rpm in 5th, mid range overtaking very strong and top end motorway 6th at ahem 70mph  :wink: effortless. Even turned the stereo off on the way home, just to hear it sucking and dumping - v sad but very happy - once again many thanks Matt Andrew  :happy2:

Stronly recommend this mod

Offline cmdrfire

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 14
    • Commander Fire - my blog
    • Email
« Reply #181 on: March 27, 2010, 09:50:56 pm »
Just fitted my intake earlier today. Very impressed overall with its construction and fit, very nice and secure, the use of silicone hose allows for flex along with the engine. Only disappointing part were some minor nicks on the pipes and heatshield, but you can't see them when the silicon is attached.
Managed to find my old engine mount studs from somewhere as well (I replaced them when I fitted my EVOMs heatshield with some nice bolts, which were too small for this application). Finished about an hour ago and went for a drive - I love it. The old dbilas harmonica is gone, now lots of whoosh and turbo noises. Slight whistle near the top end, quite subtle though. Also feels like much more power - the old power-disappearing problem seems to have gone. Needs further investigation tomorrow  :laugh: along with some pics as well.

Offline cmdrfire

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 14
    • Commander Fire - my blog
    • Email
« Reply #182 on: March 29, 2010, 12:22:12 am »
Here we go, pics and video:
Intake fitted (it's a mighty looking beast)

And video... how do I embed vimeo?

<a href="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=10509157&amp;amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;amp;show_title=1&amp;amp;show_byline=1&amp;amp;show_portrait=0&amp;amp;color=&amp;amp;fullscreen=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=10509157&amp;amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;amp;show_title=1&amp;amp;show_byline=1&amp;amp;show_portrait=0&amp;amp;color=&amp;amp;fullscreen=1</a>

There we go
quick disclaimer, my brother was holding the camera, and nor did I exceed the speed limit at any point. I also drove in a manner safe for the prevailing conditions.