Make a donation

Author Topic: RCD330 & GOLF MKV users wanted  (Read 2525 times)

Offline jlmontero

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
RCD330 & GOLF MKV users wanted
« on: July 28, 2019, 08:38:08 am »
Hi all!

Glad to find this forum with GTI enthusiasts as me!

Let's go. I own an Golf MK5 GTI (2006) and I bought a radio unit RCD330 one month ago. It's working OK but I've got a problem that is driving me nuts: screen brightness is extremely poor, to the point that in daylight is very difficult to see anything. I've done some tests with different can bus emulator cables, I've ended upgrading my gateway, but issue remains the same, so I need help.

I need help from users with Golf MKV and the radio unit RCD330. If it's the noname variant, 187B, even better.

First question is obvious: do you see the screen during the day?
Second question: what type of MFA do you have? Simple MFA, or that more advanced called MFA+, FIS, or highline MFD (I've seen it called all those ways).

I've got an error in VCDS that drives me to think I've got a problem with instrument cluster control module missing, and I want to know if it's related to the lack of that MFA+.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Offline Chris_R

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 23
Re: RCD330 & GOLF MKV users wanted
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2019, 11:22:27 pm »
I have the 187A (Desay model) and have no problems at all viewing it in daylight - brightness adjusts automatically with lights switching on.
Have  1K0 907 530 H  Canbus, not sure what the MFA is? Display on the instruments I think, that is just the basic one on my car.

My RCD has been upgraded firmware for Android - though it's a load of rubbish, hardly ever works and is very temperamental to the point that I just don't bother with it anymore, easier to just connect bluetooth and phone on the dash mount running Auto.
The firmware made no difference to the display at all form a brightness perspective, same as it ever was.

Offline davidpalen

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • GTI mk5 2006
    • Email
Re: RCD330 & GOLF MKV users wanted
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2021, 11:26:02 am »
I have the 187A (Desay model) and have no problems at all viewing it in daylight - brightness adjusts automatically with lights switching on.
Have  1K0 907 530 H  Canbus, not sure what the MFA is? Display on the instruments I think, that is just the basic one on my car.

My RCD has been upgraded firmware for Android - though it's a load of rubbish, hardly ever works and is very temperamental to the point that I just don't bother with it anymore, easier to just connect bluetooth and phone on the dash mount running Auto.
The firmware made no difference to the display at all form a brightness perspective, same as it ever was.

Hello what did you do to fix the brightness issue? Could you expand on this please?