Make a donation

Author Topic: Heater blower not working  (Read 6176 times)

Offline mayesj86

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 3
  • Candy white ED30
Heater blower not working
« on: August 07, 2019, 11:10:08 am »
Good morning all.

Sorry if this has been talked to death cant seem to find anyone with similar issues to what I'm having.

My heater blower has stopped working completely. Parked the car up at the airport for a week all was fine then. Arrived back a week later and nothing. The climate control until has power and is working as normal apart from it wont go on recycle. Can adjust everything on it as normal and looks to be normal.
I have checked the fuses and they are all ok. I have checked the motors behind the glove box for anything obvious but visually they seem fine.

Is it likely that the motor has burned itself out or something else I can check.

Thanks very much

Cheers
Jason

Offline FJB

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 18
Re: Heater blower not working
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2019, 11:38:37 am »
It is likely to be either the fan motor that has failed or it is the blower resistor that has failed.

Offline mayesj86

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 3
  • Candy white ED30
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2019, 12:32:30 pm »
It is likely to be either the fan motor that has failed or it is the blower resistor that has failed.

Thank you very much will look into the resistor. I was under the impression that the blower would only work on full speed if the resistor was away?

Thanks again
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 12:35:30 pm by mayesj86 »

Offline FJB

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 18
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2019, 02:09:01 pm »
The blower resistor can fail and give you nothing, 1/2 speed or full speed, it depends on which type you have. The heatsink looking ones can fail and only work on low speed. Get a multimeter and test the fan terminals for resistance, if you get open circuit then the fan is dead. If you get resistance, use your multimeter to back probe for voltage on the fan plug with it plugged in and turned to full. If you get nothing then move onto the blower resistor.