Make a donation

Author Topic: Blue Flame exhausts  (Read 7527 times)

Offline neg

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
  • gone old skool
Re: Blue Flame exhausts
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2009, 12:04:32 am »
There was a lot of talk about these over on Seatcupra.net a few years ago when they developed the LCR exhaust, from what I remember quite a few went for it - few problems initially but then it was a newly designed system.

Offline mortygttdi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2009, 12:26:33 pm »
Just add my 2 pence worth, I know alot of ppl say that they are good and I believe alot of bikers favour blueflame aswell. I bought one off ebay for my Focus ST225 and good god what a sh*tty rubbish fit :sad: I only had it a couple of months and ended up going with Miltek :grouphug: the lad who fitted my miltek noted how bad the exhaust had been put together...I suppose you always are going to get a bad batch.

Darren

Offline Sharman

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2009, 09:59:43 pm »
I had one fitted on my previous MK4 GTI Turbo. This was part of a group buy at the time on ukmkivs.net. I think it cost around £240 for a cat-back system. Anyway, I think they used my car as guinea pig, as I was there hours having it fitted/made. But it was worth the wait! Top quality and great, not boomy sound. Would recommend.

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2009, 10:06:56 am »
I have been interested in Blueflame zorsts for a while now, and yesterday got a chance to go down to visit there company. One of our members was getting a full custom exhaust for his ED 30.  :evilgrin:
Obviously it was going to take quite a few hours to knock up as it was the first ED 30 one they had done.
The owner was a nice chap and took time out to give Mat and i a Tour of the facility's, where they do everything in house.  :smiley:
Also kept us supplied with hot drinks.
Anyway the long and short of it was that Mat's new full custom exhaust sounded amazing when finished, and i was that impressed i will be getting a Blue flame exhaust myself in a few weeks.  :happy2:
I am sure Mat will be along to fill us in about his thoughts on the zorst, and also in a few days he is going to do a write up in the product review section.   :drinking:

EDIT: its alredy done.     http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1611.0
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 12:05:01 pm by Top Cat »

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2009, 04:14:29 pm »

bit of sound from mine  :happy2:

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box