Make a donation

Author Topic: Positive camber???  (Read 1794 times)

Offline Heb1802

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Positive camber???
« on: August 28, 2019, 09:07:38 pm »
Just wondering what could cause adverse positive camber on the front wheels to the point where you can see it’s massively different on each side! I’ve replaced top mounts, springs, struts, ball joints track rod ends and can’t see anything that looks different one side to the other so just wondering if there’s anything ‘obvious’ to look for?

Thanks

Offline muff1991

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 69
Re: Positive camber???
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2019, 10:56:19 pm »
I’m not sure if this is valid and only something I noticed recently when changing a mates shocks and top mounts.. so hoping someone else will confirm my theory here: but the top mounts can be fitted in 2 of 3 positions. The 2 being arrow facing front. (The arrow points 2 ways hence the 2) the 3rd being the arrows won’t face front.
I’m wondering if the arrow needs to face front because of camber?
So if my theory is correct then my question is: did you fit the top mount with the arrow facing front?
(I found the arrow info from pelican parts diy after I noticed the arrows)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Heb1802

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2019, 11:30:02 pm »
Cheers for the reply! I’ve had the top mounts back off and checked 2 arrows on the top mounts 1 pointing to the front and 1 points to the rear both in the correct position and the positive camber is still there

Offline muff1991

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 69
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2019, 10:38:43 am »
Cheers for the reply! I’ve had the top mounts back off and checked 2 arrows on the top mounts 1 pointing to the front and 1 points to the rear both in the correct position and the positive camber is still there
Ok, so my theory wasn’t correct, thanks for double checking and confirming. The only reason I mentioned this, as I only noticed the arrows on my mates gti where as when I done my touran front spring I never noticed the arrows so wasn’t sure if I put it back correctly and funnily enough I have a slight camber issue on that side. So thought it was down to top mount maybe needing to go the exact way. I’ve replaced all bushes too, so I can’t advise you need bushes either. The only thing it can be is somethings bent, or the subframe needs shifting to pull the camber straight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk