Make a donation

Author Topic: DSG Mechatronics hydraulic fluid refilling  (Read 37344 times)

Offline omeydz

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 50
Re: DSG Mechatronics hydraulic fluid refilling
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2017, 09:36:09 pm »
refill through the top filler hole not the breathing vent or there will be airlock
Recently back on the forum! Good to be back
Current Rides
Mazda RX8 231bhp ( very different little rocket lol!)
----
SOLD
2011 Golf MK6 1.4 TFSI R20/GTI Hybrid - DSG converted *world first!*
2007 MK5 Golf 1.4 FSI
2007 Golf MK5 GTI DSG
2008 Audi A5 3.0TDI

Agwnistikotatos

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2017, 09:08:53 am »
refill through the top filler hole not the breathing vent or there will be airlock
I'm talking about mechatronic...
0CW's, have no filter anyway...

Offline standup1

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2017, 07:21:47 pm »
I am so glad I found this forum, it gave me some hope  :phew:. I have a problem with my golf 6 DSG 7. It is leaking from the Mechatronic, exactly from the breather cap. The dealer asked for over $2000 to fix it :rolleye: . Did anyone have same problem? Can I replace the breather cap? I've learned that filling up the Mechatronic is hard and needs some work, but I think I can deal with that part. I just don't know how to replace the breather cap! or how to stop the leak. Any help is very appreciated.

DaveyLC

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2018, 04:43:57 pm »
I recently purchased a Polo equipped with a 7 speed 0AM DSG box, after a while it started rough shifting and then eventually the transmittion fault light would show.

On inspection the Mechatronic unit was leaking hydraulic fluid at the rubber gasket.

As an intrim fix I worked out that the Mechatronic unit can be filled via the breather (it requires 1L of G004000M2 hydraulic fluid):

Eventually when I had time I removed the cover, cleaned up both surfaces and re-sealed it using a thin layer of LOCTITE black silicon gasket on both sides of the original rubber gasket..

Its worth noting that when refitting be sure not to over-tighten the bolts as this can cause the cover to buckle and not seal correctly.

I hope this helps people :)

Offline alesypalsy

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2019, 01:29:15 pm »
HI, new to this forum ,
I tried fixing hydraulic pump accumulator problem using the repair kit ,
When I refill I done from the breather hose and now believe I have air lock as the problem  was still there,
so I left overnight and this morning the pump gained enough pressure to stop working which was good news, my guess is over night the air came out,
but the problem is after I switch ff the car and try again the pump continually running again so I believe there is airlock in there!,
I then went on to drain the megatronic unit , remove starter motor and fill from the correct filler area,
Yet again the problem is still there,
any ideas how to get rid of the airlock or to get the hydraulic pump to get enough pressure t stop running!
I have spent 4 days on my golf now and I found good stuff on internet but the best stuff is in Russian and I cannot understand it!
thanks

Offline alesypalsy

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2019, 09:50:28 pm »
Just to add to my last post, I today removed everything and found the O ring seal was squashed , which was stopping my accumulator hold pressure so it was not a airlock as I thought!
I got a new o ring and all is well now
Thanks