Make a donation

Author Topic: Strongflex bushes  (Read 3000 times)

Dave Y

Strongflex bushes
« on: September 05, 2019, 12:30:16 pm »
Strongflex bushes has anybody used them? They seem to be a good price or are they cheap for a reason.

Dave Y

Re: Strongflex bushes
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2019, 02:44:26 pm »
Anyone??

Offline Octoparrot

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 99
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2019, 06:31:24 pm »
Checkout humblemechanic latest video to see what issues he's been having with the updated bushes before making a decision.

Offline colesey

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 89
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2019, 07:02:15 pm »
Strongflex bushes has anybody used them? They seem to be a good price or are they cheap for a reason.

I’ve never heard of them however they seem much cheaper than Superpro. We are after all talking about moulded plastic and they may also have a more direct sales model without a distributor layer, so not a bad thing. One thing to be careful about is the shore / durometer rating as you will want something lower / softer (@75) for road use. Otherwise best google away for reviews.

Dave Y

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2019, 08:19:43 pm »
i wont be buying off them , i asked for a price to do all the suspension bushes. Twice they just sent me a link to their prices leaving me to sort out prices. I also asked Gwent VW to give me a price still waiting for a reply.

Offline Alex Booth

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 7
  • AKS Tuning
    • AKS Tuning
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2019, 05:17:56 pm »
Stick to SuperPro! Tried and tested, great quality, great customer service. Never had or seen any issues. Buy cheap, buy twice  :happy2:

Offline scopes

• Thank You
  • -Given: 131
  • -Receive: 115
  • Wolfsburg Edition
    • My GTI
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,49748.0.html
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2019, 10:43:44 am »
Stick to SuperPro! Tried and tested, great quality, great customer service. Never had or seen any issues. Buy cheap, buy twice  :happy2:

X2 what ^ he ^ said!

:happy2:
If it's not broke, Mod it.....

Silver is the way !

Offline colesey

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2019, 02:02:22 pm »
All this talk about X being inferior to Y because it is cheaper is nonsense. People need to keep open minds about the quality of the underlying product and also understand the business models being used.

Superpro sells to public via a distributor and then a dealer. Both of these will add say 50% to their buy-in price eg item leaves factory at 100, distributor sells to dealer at 150 and then dealer to the public at 225.  If another brand like Strongflex sells a similar product directly to public at say 125 then that doesn’t automatically make their product inferior.

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2019, 12:10:25 pm »
Checkout humblemechanic latest video to see what issues he's been having with the updated bushes before making a decision.

Different bush style and chassis loadings. Time trials are really hard on suspension. Poly was never a good idea with that platform anyway.  Either OEM TT rubber bushes, or spherical bearings, but defo not poly!  The MK5 is different as it's just rotational and fore and aft loadings.  The MK4 rear wishbone bush was subjected to loadings from all planes and is just a pants design.  Interestingly, the MK7 has gone back to that  :doh:   Cheaper to build than console housings though.  Always comes down to cost.

I can't stand poly on road cars.  I've said it many times, it just has no place on road vehicles.  You can get away with it on the console bush but every other bush should be rubber, imo.  Poly just cannot handle the loadings rubber can, and it suffers from creep and set.....in other words, once it loses it's shape and elasticity, it's no good.  Creep and set happens on the console bushes.  The hole the for the wishbone stub ovalises and causes awful tramlining.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 12:14:33 pm by Pudding »

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2019, 12:27:38 pm »
All this talk about X being inferior to Y because it is cheaper is nonsense. People need to keep open minds about the quality of the underlying product and also understand the business models being used.

Superpro sells to public via a distributor and then a dealer. Both of these will add say 50% to their buy-in price eg item leaves factory at 100, distributor sells to dealer at 150 and then dealer to the public at 225.  If another brand like Strongflex sells a similar product directly to public at say 125 then that doesn’t automatically make their product inferior.

Agreed. Poly is poly. It's a standard 2 pack chemical formulation similar to epoxy.  You mix it and pour it into a mould.  Done.

My SuperPro consoles have ovalised just like my old Whitelines did.  I will be going back to OEM rubber (S3) when I get around to it.  OEMs use rubber for a reason.  Even road going race cars like 911 GT3s and the old Lamborghini Countach don't use poly, they use rose joints instead which is far superior than both for maintaining geometry under hard loads.

Another example of your theory is VIS fuel pumps.  Loba charge £650ish, which is frankly scandalous when you can buy them direct from Hitachi for about 100 quid, but you can get the innards for considerably less than that from VIS.  Yes VIS also bombard consumers with useless marketing bum fluff to justify the exorbitant cost of small piece of machined and hardened steel....but it's still way cheaper than the usual scene tax brands.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline colesey

• Thank You
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2019, 01:25:02 pm »
I bought a brand new upgraded pump from VIS two years ago and must say that the service / support I received from Ovidiu was superb. That is often one of the advantages of dealing with a direct seller, they are personally invested in the success of the business.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 01:33:06 pm by colesey »