Make a donation

Author Topic: VW GOLF GTI MK5 - Tornado Red  (Read 2597 times)

Offline YanS62

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
VW GOLF GTI MK5 - Tornado Red
« on: September 07, 2019, 09:38:49 pm »
Hi,

I'm starting this thread because I saw your cars, and that's motivate me to buy a Gti too after a Mini R53 and blown head gasket...  :sad1:

Since August 2019, I am the owner of this Golf GTI MK5.
2 owners, 158k miles.

Bought unseen on eBay, the seller wrote the car was in good condition, except the front wings and the driver seat.
The pictures was good, the description ok with what I was looking for, and the feedback of the seller excellent.

The reality wasn't as expected... Worn tyres, one seized caliper to the rear, disc and pads totally shot...

I came from France to export it for daily use, so I took it.

Since my ownership, I had replace: discs and pads, oil and oil filter, cam follower, oil sump pump, four tyres, driveshaft, fuel filter, air filter, spark plugs, diverter valve, wiper and rear arm wiper...

To follow, I need to find my AC leak. I have regas it yersterday and it worked but today no AC. I think it's the condensator.

Once the maintenance done and the wings replace, I will start the mods if I'm not in bankrupcy  :jumpmove:

I'm very pleased with the car. Very comfortable, fuel economy is good and the engine plenty of power.
I can't wait to install a good stainless exhaust on it  :laugh:

Few pictures of my GTI:

« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 09:40:26 pm by YanS62 »