Make a donation

Author Topic: N75 valve with downpipe off  (Read 1333 times)

Offline bobby_fodge

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 38
    • Email
N75 valve with downpipe off
« on: September 27, 2019, 05:20:54 pm »
Hi, I'm going to take my downpipe off to knock the pre cat out. Will I have better access tobrye n75 with the downpipe off as I'm thinking I should replace the n75 if access is better.

I have the n75 already.

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 672
Re: N75 valve with downpipe off
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2019, 05:47:22 pm »
Sadly not. 

Remember to knock the cat out with the flange facing the floor.  You don't want any crumbs blocking the main cat.  I'd recommend a mask as well if you haven't done one before, pretty dusty, nasty stuff.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline muff1991

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 69
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2019, 03:22:15 pm »
Hey Bobby, the N75 is on the opposite side the the downpipe unfortunately, i replaced mine back last year and literally just changed my mates saturday, they're a right pain to change, the best way i found was to remove the drivers wheel, and the wheel arch to gain better access. i cut the one time use clips off and then replace with jubilees.

i know it might sound a bit OTT but i did say to myself afterwards, that if i had to do this job again i'd probably just remove the turbo as it'd be a damn sight easier and probably around the same kind of time. Even more so for you if you're taking the Down Pipe off anyway.

Offline bobby_fodge

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 38
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2019, 03:45:57 pm »
Hey Bobby, the N75 is on the opposite side the the downpipe unfortunately, i replaced mine back last year and literally just changed my mates saturday, they're a right pain to change, the best way i found was to remove the drivers wheel, and the wheel arch to gain better access. i cut the one time use clips off and then replace with jubilees.

i know it might sound a bit OTT but i did say to myself afterwards, that if i had to do this job again i'd probably just remove the turbo as it'd be a damn sight easier and probably around the same kind of time. Even more so for you if you're taking the Down Pipe off anyway.

thanks Muff, i might just do that.