All Things Mk5 > Members Rides

LC5F's Graphite Blue GTI - Pilgrimage to Caffeine & Machine

(1/38) > >>

LC5F:
Just upgraded from MK4 Gti to a DSG Graphite Blue Mk5 Gti - Really like the changes VW made

LC5F:
So a bit more about my Mk5
Battery was struggling - considering its condition and it was genuine VW it had to be replaced:

Gave it a service - eveything but oil:

Spark plugs looked really manky - how often are these meant to be changed?
couldnt see any record of it happening...along with brake fluid.

Now for something really random hiding in the boot, still struggling to understand why whoever it was did this??:

to my displeasure they had even scotch blocked ito the cars loom:

Powering this thing was a red cable tucked under the sill cover to the fuse box:

Now binned:

All thats left is the fuse holder, will tidy that up next time the battery is off.

The other thing that happened was the thermostat, reading up it said it was a 3 hour job, it took me and a friend 7 hours in the rain to sort, the good news was this allowed the engine temp to sit at 90 and high fuel consumption improved.

Things still to sort -
Big cooling fan is on all the time, going to look into that this weekend.
It came with a non-resonated 3" Cobra exhaust fitted, the pops and bangs and DSG shifts are great, but it just dronnes on the motorway + its missing its exhaust tips (WTF?) - so its booked in to get resonated and new tips start of next month.
Passenger slide and tilt - I have the plastic clip, just need to work out how it fits

No real plans to make changes, but these popped up on ebay and were too good to ignore:

Mark_DF05:
What was that in the boot?

LC5F:
It was a trailer light plug - think a PO had a bike rack, this screwed up the panel gaps on the hatch too.

LC5F:
Swapped out the crusty hatch:

Think its had replacement glass at some point, the sealant doesnt look OEM, probaly cutting wire knicked the paint:

Replacement hatch on - I was having a few issues with condensation, I assume a PO had a bike rack that pulled the hatch out of alignment and making a leak - this seems to have been solved with the new hatch. Just need to remove the super glue someone stuck badges on with:

Cat back Cobra was ridiculously loud and was missing tips, a morning at local stainless exhaust shop, resonator and tips added - a lot more civilised now

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version