Make a donation

Author Topic: Polar fis  (Read 1479 times)

Offline Stig_gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
Polar fis
« on: October 27, 2019, 06:42:03 pm »
Alright lads need a bit of help.
Picked up a polar fis advance plus and when it turned up didn’t have a data cable with it.
Picked a mini usb cable from Argos, went on there site and downloaded the upgrade tool from there site.
When I plug it in it says device not found, anyone else had this problem.

Offline bacillus

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 450
Re: Polar fis
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2019, 11:01:56 pm »
not updated mine in years but iirc you go to the download page at polar website and leave the page open. go into the polar settings menu and scroll down for update, click ok then connect the usb cable from the pc to the polar. your polar should then be detected and you'll have a list of firmware updates to choose from. whatever on you choose for the mk5 gti you have to choose the red cluster variant unless you have replaced your cluster with a different one.
hth
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline Stig_gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2019, 02:02:12 pm »
Hi thanks for the reply, I’ve got all the way to this point but when I plug my device in it’s not found.
So I can’t pick any options or do any upgrades

Offline bacillus

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 450
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2019, 04:10:31 pm »
is the usb port you're trying usb3? if it is then I would try a usb2 port for the update.
also are you using windows on your laptop? if yes, use IE for the upgrade but you'll need to go to internet options>security>custom level>temporarily enable download unsigned active X controls

Not quite sure if this is still true with the newer polars but you used to be able to upgrade the firmware with the polar out of the car via a desktop/laptop with just the usb cable connection. This could be an option but will mean temporarily removing the unit from the car...
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline Stig_gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2019, 06:00:15 pm »
Ok mate thanks, it ain’t a genuine cable so that my be the issue
I’m using Microsoft Windows on the laptop. Done the active x stuff still no joy, wouldn’t of thought it wouldn’t have been the cable but suppose I could order one see if it makes a difference.  Also tried all USB ports no change.