Make a donation

Author Topic: Mk5 Ed30 pricing please!  (Read 1391 times)

Offline Donx22

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 3
Mk5 Ed30 pricing please!
« on: October 29, 2019, 06:26:29 pm »
It’s time to sell my ed30, new job forces sale as I will be doing lots more miles and it’s not practical to keep putting miles on it.
Just having a feel for what I should price it at.
It’s high mileage 163k Black Ed30 3 door with sunroof. serviced every 6k and recently just had water pump and cam belt done. every 3rd service  it has had the cam follower replaced as precautionary measure.

The car has the tasteful modifications;
VW racing intake
VW racing lower dog bone mount
VW racing Eibach lowering springs
Power flex engine mount inserts in the other 2
Milltek full turbo back with half resonated rear box (special request item from Milltek)
NQSBBK front brakes kit With Paris RS42 blue pads
Rear caddy caliper conversion (black to match from NQSBBK kit)
THS intercooler
New stage 2 Sachs uprated clutch
Remapped- Nothing too stressfull running around 310 bhp
RNS510

New ed30 dampers when springs here fitted and new top mounts 30k ago
New rear arms with bushes at the same time
Powerflex bushes in front arms with anti lift kit - all fitted 30k ago when new suspension fitted

Car asks for nothing, drives great no knocks or creaks, always serviced with genuine parts and millers nano drive CFS 5w40 NT and now NT+
I’ve had the car for 5 years and done around 60k in it.
Meticulously looked after by myself (vehicle dynamics engineer. Used to work at VW racing and now OEMs) unfortunately I only commute in it and it should go to someone who can enjoy it more  :driver: and I have to get a proper commuter car as lots more miles will be done

I think it’s probably worth around 5k but not sure tbh I don’t go on the forums much anymore so looking for advice please! Too much with this mileage or too little with these modifications?
Wheels halve a few scuffs from the missus driving it occasionally (honest!) and it has some stone chips on the front as you would imagine with this mileage, front driver fender has the usual fender rust but I can either get a new wing or price accordingly (looking around they’re only £100 or so in great condition and correct colour)
I will get some pictures up tomorrow as have a day off so I can clean it and get pictures in the proper light. Pics can be found in my build tho... many moons ago!

Thanks  :happy2:

Online pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
Re: Mk5 Ed30 pricing please!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2019, 06:29:06 pm »
Yeah 5-6K is about right.  The mods owe you nothing I'm afraid.  You might actually get more interest if you put it back to standard.  Sell the mods on separately. Always a good market for them.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline Donx22

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2019, 11:54:02 pm »
Thanks! Unfortunately with working away so much and not having many of the original parts still I would probably have to sell with all the modifications included.
Gives me some idea to work with though!

Offline colesey

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 89
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2019, 05:18:49 am »
It sounds like a good car despite the high miles and I would agree with Pudding. You likely have @£1k resale in the exhaust / intake / brakes which could be recouped without too much work.

Online pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2019, 04:38:35 pm »
Those mods are very popular, so I'm sure someone will buy it as is  :happy2:

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline Donx22

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2019, 09:14:51 am »
Thanks for the advice!

Unfortunately with working away a lot at the moment I wouldn’t have the time to put back to standard as well as not having half the parts anymore so will have to sell it as is! Will be putting in the for sale section hopefully this evening if I can clean it properly and take some good pictures  :happy2:

Thanks