Make a donation

Author Topic: Passenger door won't unlock from fob  (Read 5703 times)

Offline kpowell911

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Passenger door won't unlock from fob
« on: November 08, 2019, 08:51:52 pm »
Hello, strange issue Im having with my 2007 Mk5. I unlocked my car earlier and got in and sat there bewildered at why a friend was just standing there. Turns out the passenger door didn't unlock off the fob. I leant over and pulled the internal door handle TWICE and it opened. It now does this every time. I can always open it on the second pull of the interior one, but not the external.....

All other doors open fine (its a 5 door), just the passenger one. However, once the car is unlocked and Ive initially opened the passenger door using the internal handle, the external handle WILL work fine until the fob is used to lock the car again. This means both the handles are working so its more electrical rather than mechanical?

Its almost as if the passenger side is deadlocking and not de activating on the remote lock.

I seem to remember back in 2005 my Dad had a Mk4 which only unlocked the drivers door when you pressed the fob, you had to press unlock twice for all doors to open, and It was some kind of safety feature? Guessing Ive not turned something on somehow?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Offline probedb

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 7
Re: Passenger door won't unlock from fob
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2019, 09:36:36 pm »
Standard is one click for driver's side, two for everything. You can change this in VCDS though.

If it's just one door that's not unlocking on the second press then it's likely the control unit for that door I believe? Mine did this on the driver's side, luckily it has the actual lock on the door to use the key with.

Offline TheBALDpuma

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2019, 10:11:51 pm »
I had to have both passenger side locks replaced for the same thing, the locks just stopped working. Common Mk5 problem I believe.

Offline kpowell911

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2019, 06:59:19 pm »
Got a pattern part for £18 and used the above guide and sorted it today. Quite proud of myself really as its quite scary seeing no door skin on haha

Offline probedb

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2019, 05:42:17 pm »
Got a pattern part for £18 and used the above guide and sorted it today. Quite proud of myself really as its quite scary seeing no door skin on haha

Nice one, always satisfying doing it yourself :D