Make a donation

Author Topic: Black 5door gti  (Read 1480 times)

Offline JWatsonGTI

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Black 5door gti
« on: November 10, 2019, 02:03:46 am »
Picked up my gti back in august, this is the second one i've now owned. Pretty well spec'd sunroof, highline, satnav, xenon headlights, full heated leather, dsg, arm rest, diamond cut monzas few other things ive forgotten. It also has a milltek cat back non res exhaust and a AMD tuning remap no print out so would like to get it on my local rolling road to see what its running.

Done a couple things so far:
. Started with a oil and filter service (should of done the pickup pipe as well for peace of mind)
. Windows tinted all round and rear lights (proper mods in ilford north london £175 all in)
. Noticed a rear spring had snapped so opted for some ST suspension lowering springs 30mm

Really enjoying the car until a couple weeks ago the immobilizer active warning message come up on the dash and had nothing but headaches trying to fix the problem. Ended up breaking the ignition messing around with the barrel so had to buy a new lockset and have two new keys cut and coded £250 worked for one day then next morning warning message showed up again. So at the moment not much more being done till its fixed.

49040423266_4b6c7960b6_o by jake watson, on Flickr
IMG_0193 by jake watson, on Flickr
IMG_0228 by jake watson, on Flickr
IMG_0322 by jake watson, on Flickr
DUVL8839 by jake watson, on Flickr
JTCP0735 by jake watson, on Flickr

Offline JWatsonGTI

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Black 5door gti
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 07:43:47 pm »
Went out to the car yesterday had a fiddle about with the clocks and the reader around the ignition still nothing happened. Came out to the car this morning to get something out the boot and thought i would give it a try and it started!!! not sure why its doing this so will not be taking out for a far drive in case it comes back on again.