Make a donation

Author Topic: Car covers  (Read 2026 times)

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
Car covers
« on: November 30, 2019, 09:41:27 pm »
Be thinking about one for a while but was told not to bother as they can scratch the car and trap moisture under the cover.Has I understand it the breathable covers dont get moisture under the cover and are very good..who has one and reccomend any

Offline Lucky ducky

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 30
  • -Receive: 3
Re: Car covers
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2019, 10:50:20 pm »
Hi Andy have one for a year and I'm delighted with it mainly use it during the summer keeps the hot sun off the red paint which fades in prolonged sunshine... Used in during the winter months and never had any moisture issues with it and boy do we get rain here in Ireland ... Had to remove it when the wind picked up quite a bit though.
It's heavy and well put together it's made from layers of breathable fabric and is completely waterproof this ain't your argos type of cover
I haven't noticed any scratches to the paint work... I always washed and dried the car before I put the cover on... Its not cheap but it's a quality cover
 https://www.stormcarcovers.co.uk/collections/volkswagen/products/vw-car-covers?variant=18418111045

Sent from my xXx_NoLimits_9.3 on GM1913 using Tapatalk

Offline Octoparrot

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 99
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2019, 10:51:16 pm »
For outside use I wouldn't bother as I've heard some horror stories regarding the problems you've mentioned.

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2019, 11:34:07 pm »
Hi Andy have one for a year and I'm delighted with it mainly use it during the summer keeps the hot sun off the red paint which fades in prolonged sunshine... Used in during the winter months and never had any moisture issues with it and boy do we get rain here in Ireland ... Had to remove it when the wind picked up quite a bit though.
It's heavy and well put together it's made from layers of breathable fabric and is completely waterproof this ain't your argos type of cover
I haven't noticed any scratches to the paint work... I always washed and dried the car before I put the cover on... Its not cheap but it's a quality cover
 https://www.stormcarcovers.co.uk/collections/volkswagen/products/vw-car-covers?variant=18418111045

Excellent mate and your the 2nd person who has reccomend storm covers..which one did you purchase

Offline Lucky ducky

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 30
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2019, 01:18:56 am »
They have 5 different types see the link below... The one i got is the " stormforce" type and is linked in my previous post above its for my 2005 3dr gti... Double check it though there site can be confusing

https://www.stormcarcovers.co.uk/collections/volkswagen