Make a donation

Author Topic: MK5 Climate control/condensation problems  (Read 893 times)

Offline nathannuman1

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
MK5 Climate control/condensation problems
« on: December 08, 2019, 07:48:03 pm »
Hi everyone

I have a MK5 golf, 1.9tdi, with dual climate control, it's a 54 plate so with its age I expect the issues however now it's getting to winter I'm hoping to sort it out. It's a RHD.

I have a couple of issues with it;

1. I can press the ECON button to get heat but only the passenger side blows hot air, the drivers side will blow cold. After a while of driving it seems to get abit warmer on the drivers side but does take along time and is nowhere near the heat the passenger side blows out. I've search this issue and cant seem to find a resolution. Theres a couple of things about it which makes me think it's a common fault but any videos I find is on a LHD. Guessing it may be the twnpreture or flap motor but unsure how to replace it is there anyone who could offer advice.

2. When I have the heaters on, as soon as I press the ECON button the car and front windscreen seem to condensate and steam up instantly!.. I've read to make sure the recirculating button isnt pressed however when mine is off my car doesnt blow any air at all. I can have the heaters facing me or the windscreen but without the recirculating button I can hear the blowers but nothing comes out until I press it. Could anyone advise me on what is wrong with that or why it does that. It does it mainly on drivers side again, the whole windscreen will steam up, the passenger side will clear then after a couple of mins but the drivers side takes 15mins to clear and if I wipe it its actually really damp. What could be causing this. If I turn the ECON button off i dont have a issue it clears all the window straight away but it blows freezing cold air even with the setting on high.

Any help would be much appreciated or point me in the right direction to another forum anywhere.

Thanks

Nathan

Offline titchy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 33
    • Email
Re: MK5 Climate control/condensation problems
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2019, 09:02:40 pm »
check cabin/pollen filter

Offline nathannuman1

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Re: MK5 Climate control/condensation problems
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2019, 12:13:33 pm »
I've replaced that it's new and I still have the same issue.