Make a donation

Author Topic: Rough idle  (Read 11496 times)

Offline St282

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Rough idle
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2019, 03:05:23 pm »
Check your brake booster hoses, even the long one along the back top leading to the brake reservoir. I had aame issue, rough ide and missfires. Changed plugs/coils no luck. Turned out the plastic brake booster hoses were cracked (all of em). As for the missfires, i cleaned the hell out my intake valves several times to clear the gunk and walla everything went smooth.
Culprit was brake booster hoses for the rough ide/vacuum leak and thick gunk causing missfires.
Hope thia helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline titchy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 33
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2019, 04:05:51 pm »
yes because the mixture is altering

Offline St282

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2019, 07:25:42 am »
What’s the update? I’m curious

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2019, 06:27:00 pm »
Winter is the worst time of year for cold starting as the engine needs a bucket load of fuel to run smoothly.  Replace the injectors and all will be well again.

The horrific rattling and chuntering is what these engines do when they don't get enough fuel and/or oil pressure at startup.  Has the oil pickup been cleaned/replaced?

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline fahim4094

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2019, 01:53:40 pm »
Hi

@St282 no update yet, car is still the same, fingers crossed my car should be in the garage after new years to get stripped to see what the problem is.

@titchy thanks for the reply

@Pudding my cousin said the same thing to me, apparently stage 2 cars don't like the winter 

One more thing guys can I still drive the car as I use it daily for work (around trip 14miles)

Offline fahim4094

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2019, 01:54:53 pm »
Hi

@St282 no update yet, car is still the same, fingers crossed my car should be in the garage after new years to get stripped to see what the problem is.

@titchy thanks for the reply

@Pudding my cousin said the same thing to me, apparently stage 2 cars don't like the winter 

One more thing guys can I still drive the car as I use it daily for work (a round trip of 14miles)

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2019, 10:07:22 pm »
Yeah it will be fine.  Probably won't be optimal but if the engine feels like it's hesitating  in boost, ease off the gas pedal.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline fahim4094

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2020, 02:39:38 pm »
Hi guys

My garage checked my car - couldn't find any issues with pipes or leaks - he's saying most likely it's the carbon build up and injectors.

I was going to get injectors from awesomegti (Bosch Audi S3 / Golf R / ED30 2.0TFSI Injector (Genuine Part Number: 06F906036F0

I know someone who works for vw and he can get genuine injectors for my edition 30 for a good price, but he said they are not Bosch ones.

I am running Rtech stage 2+ should I get the original ones from VW or Bosch ones from awesomeGTI

Offline St282

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2020, 02:47:01 pm »
Hi guys

My garage checked my car - couldn't find any issues with pipes or leaks - he's saying most likely it's the carbon build up and injectors.

I was going to get injectors from awesomegti (Bosch Audi S3 / Golf R / ED30 2.0TFSI Injector (Genuine Part Number: 06F906036F0

I know someone who works for vw and he can get genuine injectors for my edition 30 for a good price, but he said they are not Bosch ones.

I am running Rtech stage 2+ should I get the original ones from VW or Bosch ones from awesomeGTI
In the meantime, why don’t you do a simple diy carbon cleaning as I mentioned earlier. It will help alot. Depending how thick ur carbon buildup is. Have u ever done any valve cleaning before?

Offline St282

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2020, 02:50:12 pm »
Hi guys

In the meantime, why don’t you do a simple diy carbon cleaning as I mentioned earlier. It will help alot. Depending how thick ur carbon buildup is. Have u ever done any valve cleaning before?

Also, put in some quality injector cleaners like amsoil PI to clear ur clogged injectors. Im pretty sure ur injectors are fine its just clogged up. This is what i did, took about 2 bottles of use and everything went smooth. Just a thought for u instead of changing something that is not broken.

Offline fahim4094

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2020, 03:08:09 pm »
HI @St282

I have already used Wynn's Injector cleaner with a full tank, that didn't help, then I used Red Line SI-1 Complete Fuel System Cleaner Treatment with another full tank, that has not helped.

And I have never done DIY carbon cleaning myself, I did want to do this, but I have not got time

Offline St282

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2020, 03:16:13 pm »
HI @St282

I have already used Wynn's Injector cleaner with a full tank, that didn't help, then I used Red Line SI-1 Complete Fuel System Cleaner Treatment with another full tank, that has not helped.
I assume u used it twice only with 2 dif products? It takes several pumps to disperse the clogged residue throughout the whole fuel system up to the tip of the injectors. In my previous case it took me several cycles to the point I forgot how many times. IMHO i swear on amsoil PI, i feel difference after maybe 3 bottles. The potency in that stuff is powerful compared to many other products out there. As well as amsoil powerfoam to clean intake valves, alternative to seafoam i guess. Bare in mine its a 14year old car that only started cleaning last year.
How old is your car btw?

Offline fahim4094

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2020, 05:03:46 pm »

Offline St282

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2020, 11:42:22 pm »
HI @St282

I'll give that a try is it this one https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AMSOIL-PI-Performance-Improver-Fuel-System-Cleaner-Petrol-Additive-355ml/283652190077?hash=item420afcef7d:g:j5QAAOSwtVhdsHMc

My car is on 118k and its a 2007 edition 30
Yup thats the one. For a 2007 car that is alot of builup. U need tk concentrate on the intake valve cleaning as much as the injectors. I highly suggest to use amsoil powerfoam. It took me a good 2 months of constant cleaning to clear up the gunk. Again forgot how many cans i used thatd how much.
I use these religiously now but not as often anymore but more of a maintenance and preventions.
I did a boroscope last month any my valves look fairly clean. The only gunk left was the top of the valves cos u need to scrub that physically. Apart from that looks good. Im still on my original injectors and goin strong.

Offline St282

• Always Involved
  • Thank You