Make a donation

Author Topic: Getting car ready for Rtech Stage 2  (Read 1461 times)

Offline JimmyMK5GTI

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Getting car ready for Rtech Stage 2
« on: December 30, 2019, 02:39:58 am »
Hi Chaps,
My gti is booked in with the wizards at Rtech for a stage 2 remap at the back end of Jan 2020. Leading up to the big day I just wondered if there was any sort of prerperation you guys would advise?
After speaking with Ben on the phone he had already asked me if my car has any EML faults on the dash, to which I answered no, I check for faults once a week on the Torque Pro app and im currently still at zero faults. Furthermore he asked me if I use 97 ron petrol, to which, as always, I replied yes and is there any leaks or issues with my car, which, as far as im aware, there is not.
I had the car last serviced in June this year, along with a new cam follower in June too, new clutch in July as well as a new gfb dv+ in September...

Hardware that I currently have installed ready for stage 2 is as follows:
Miltek turbo back, decat exhaust system.
Ramair oversized induction kit.
GFB DV+.

Ive tried to cover everything before I booked in for the map, have I missed anything, any pointers? Any advice?

Cheers. :thinking:

Offline colesey

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 89
Re: Getting car ready for Rtech Stage 2
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2019, 07:19:23 am »
Are you doing their intake / injector clean package? That would be helpful for both safe running and getting the most from the tune. Fresh plugs and 99 octane fuel also spring to mind.

Offline JimmyMK5GTI

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2019, 12:13:01 pm »
Are you doing their intake / injector clean package? That would be helpful for both safe running and getting the most from the tune. Fresh plugs and 99 octane fuel also spring to mind.
Is the intake/injector clean package something they offer? Ive not seen anything on their website and it wasn't mentioned over the phone? Im all up for safe running, how much does this package cost, do you know? Regarding the 99 octane I can use that, but its not as available as vpower, id need to make a decision as to which i want the car mapping too, right? I was thinking about bringing the service forward too but with it only been done 7 months ago, i'm in two minds.

Offline colesey

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 89
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2019, 07:20:04 pm »
Is certainly on his facebook page, £645 iirc for intake / injector clean and remap. May as well have some comfort that air and fuel are flowing properly before turning up the wick.

Offline JimmyMK5GTI

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2019, 12:46:25 am »
Is certainly on his facebook page, £645 iirc for intake / injector clean and remap. May as well have some comfort that air and fuel are flowing properly before turning up the wick.

Cant say ive looked on the rtech facebook page. I'll have a butchers. Your certainly correct bud, ill get in touch with them and sort something. Cheers Colesey :happy2: