Author Topic: Mk5 GTI - Xenons, Leather, Winterpack, FSH, 1 Previous Owner  (Read 257 times)

Offline Greigzy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 9
Mk5 GTI - Xenons, Leather, Winterpack, FSH, 1 Previous Owner
« on: January 05, 2020, 11:14:38 PM »
Mk5 GTI - Xenons, Leather, Winterpack, FSH, 1 Previous Owner
£3350.00
Collection Only

2005 Mk5 GTI
FSH - last serviced 28th October 2019
10 months MOT - MOT 29th October 2020.
Red
5 door
Xenons
Leather
Winter pack

I bought the car from its original owner. He bought the car new in 2005 and decided to sell it in 2019, when it failed its MOT in 2018 due to rotten sills, as the local garage could not carry out welding.

Work done to the car since I purchased it:

New outer sills
New partial inner sills using replacement panels
All sills are primed/painted/stonechipped including inside the sills where possible
New wings
Replacement bootlid (using the original blue glass)
New Direnza 25mm lowering springs
Audi/VW BBS Pescaras - Edition 30 Wheels
New Battery
New rear discs and pads
Replacement ABS pump
Replacement brake nipples all round
Replacement Carbon Canister
New Mk6 style interior switches - lights and windows
New interior drivers handle

Since passing its MOT I have used the car as a daily driver for 800 miles to check for any teething issues. Issues that occurred and have been rectified was the ABS pump fault and replacement carbon canister.

A lot of time and effort has been spent on the car to get it from what it was to where it is now and would be the perfect daily for anyone. There are a couple of things that I would do if I was to keep the car for myself.

Wheels require refurbishment
Replacement front door skins - the bottom corner of each at the wing side are beginning to rust. I have cleaned these up and painted them, but not perfect.
Bonnet has a small bit of lacquer peel on the driver side. Not too noticeable since it has been polished and waxed but worth noting.

I'm looking for £3,350 ono for the car.

I can also include a set of original Mk5 R32 wheels too, for the full asking price.

The car is currently SORN'd and kept garaged in Monymusk, Aberdeenshire where viewing is welcome from January 12th onwards.

I can collect you from Aberdeen Airport, bus station or train station.