Make a donation

Author Topic: Bilstein b4 with ebiach sportlines  (Read 2019 times)

Offline Kee1994

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Bilstein b4 with ebiach sportlines
« on: January 16, 2020, 05:17:14 pm »
Need to change my springs but might aswell change my shocks in the process. Car is on 86k anyone had any experience with the bilstein b4?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Offline bobby_fodge

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 38
    • Email
Re: Bilstein b4 with ebiach sportlines
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2020, 08:26:39 pm »
I've got these with some vwr lowering springs. Any new shocks are going to feel better than aged ones.

They are comfy and not harsh in the slightest.

I'm going to swap them for some b8 sprints I have as currently the front splitter scrapes on the road when going over a big dip in the road. The sprints are made specifically for use with lowering springs.

Offline Damian @ DPM

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 6
  • DPM Performance
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2020, 11:19:49 am »
Basically a gas version of the standard shocks. If you're wanting to run them with the Eibach Sportline's you'll need the B4 Sport.

Damian @ DPM Performance
Advertising removed... (for the time being)

Offline shail

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 32
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,99663.msg979899.html#msg979899
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2020, 09:15:18 pm »
I've not had much experience with non standard set ups, but I think it rides fine.

It's a little stiffer than standard, but that is compared to the old tired original setup which was 10 years old.

I also had various bushes, top mount, ball joints changed at same time.

Sits quite low, but still very usable most of the time.  I've not had issues with humps on the road, but sometimes scrape on humps at the local shopping centre carpark.

Overall I'm happy with it, especially considering the low cost.

Offline Kee1994

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2020, 09:24:40 pm »
I've not had much experience with non standard set ups, but I think it rides fine.

It's a little stiffer than standard, but that is compared to the old tired original setup which was 10 years old.

Sits quite low, but still very usable most of the time.  I've not had issues with humps on the road, but sometimes scrape on humps at the local shopping centre carpark.

How long have you had them on yours?

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2020, 10:02:39 pm »
I've got these with some vwr lowering springs. Any new shocks are going to feel better than aged ones.

They are comfy and not harsh in the slightest.

I'm going to swap them for some b8 sprints I have as currently the front splitter scrapes on the road when going over a big dip in the road. The sprints are made specifically for use with lowering springs.

B6/B8 would be my choice.  A bit harsher than OEM/B4 on rough surfaces but the pay off is in the corners  :smiley:  That's where mono tubes excel.   B4s are a cheaper twin tube as per OEM. Well, the B4 is designed to be an OEM replacement rather than an upgrade per se.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline shail

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 32
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,99663.msg979899.html#msg979899
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2020, 10:05:38 pm »

How long have you had them on yours?

2 years this month.  Still all ok.

As others have said, it's pretty much a standard replacement shock.  I'm happy as I never wanted something harsh or too stiff. 

Offline pixel87

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2020, 08:56:56 pm »
Basically a gas version of the standard shocks. If you're wanting to run them with the Eibach Sportline's you'll need the B4 Sport.

Damian @ DPM Performance

How do the B4 Sports compare to the regular B4?