Make a donation

Author Topic: Uprated clutch options  (Read 1884 times)

Offline Trav Turbo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 2
Uprated clutch options
« on: January 23, 2020, 07:50:30 am »
Hi all I'm in the process of finalising supporting parts for my Hybrid BBT360 Turbo upgrade on my
Mk5 Gti BWA, I'm R-tech stage 2, 277bhp 322ftlb at the moment on stock clutch so upping the power I want an uprated clutch that is man enough for the extra power and torque. I want something that feels close to oem pedal as possible as it's my daily drive . What do you guys recommend who have uprated clutches and where purchased from?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Offline colesey

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 89
Re: Uprated clutch options
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2020, 09:13:04 am »
The RTS one is supposed to feel pretty OEM like.

Offline imprezzaworks

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2020, 09:48:46 am »
Ask advice off r tech?

I found them really helpful when I emailed them about a couple of things.

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 672
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2020, 09:47:34 pm »
Helix kit from AKS with the billet cover plate.  Can handle 420lbft and not much heavier than stock.  Just avoid the older SACHS sporting based kits as they're horrible.

The next best option is an TTRS cover plate, stock friction disc and stock DMF.

If it's a road car, you'll be wanting to steer clear of SMF conversions as well.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline LC5F

• Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 79
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2020, 01:17:22 am »
Apologies, not on topic - When did you get the turbo off BBT? - I understood they had stopped their K03 production

Offline colesey

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2020, 05:12:46 am »
Apologies, not on topic - When did you get the turbo off BBT? - I understood they had stopped their K03 production

Turbo Technics also offer a K03 hybrid for @£800.

Offline Trav Turbo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2020, 09:29:53 am »
Helix kit from AKS with the billet cover plate.  Can handle 420lbft and not much heavier than stock.  Just avoid the older SACHS sporting based kits as they're horrible.

The next best option is an TTRS cover plate, stock friction disc and stock DMF.

If it's a road car, you'll be wanting to steer clear of SMF conversions as well.
Thanks for the heads up. Spoke to R-tech and they said to go for the Helix kit so that's on the cards to get

Offline Trav Turbo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2020, 09:31:49 am »
I bought the BBT360 hybrid last year. But it's still available to buy from Beach Buggy Turbos in Germany. Turbo Technics do their own Ko3 hybrid which my mate has got on his Audi TT BWA it has made good power figures with a R-tech map and goes very well. We are both looking forward to comparing with the BBT360 when mine is done.

Offline LC5F

• Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 79
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2020, 08:17:30 pm »
I bought the BBT360 hybrid last year. But it's still available to buy from Beach Buggy Turbos in Germany. Turbo Technics do their own Ko3 hybrid which my mate has got on his Audi TT BWA it has made good power figures with a R-tech map and goes very well. We are both looking forward to comparing with the BBT360 when mine is done.
Thanks  - BBT facebook page said they had stopped making them, concentrating on 1.8t turbo's - Please report back the results!

Thanks - I had searched TT web site a few months ago, only seemed to list diesel stuff! Is this old school speaking to them or is there a link?

Offline colesey

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2020, 08:20:43 pm »
Here’s the details they gave me plus contact name. I think RTec do packages using them.

Ryan Edwards <Ryan.Edwards@turbotechnics.com> wrote:

S257 Hybrid Turbo In stock
Journal Bearing, like factory, reliable, rebuildable.
The compressor wheel is billet,
In stock,
£650+VAT Free UK Mainland Shipping, Outright

Offline Trav Turbo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2020, 08:34:35 pm »
Thanks  - BBT facebook page said they had stopped making them, concentrating on 1.8t turbo's - Please report back the results!

Thanks - I had searched TT web site a few months ago, only seemed to list diesel stuff! Is this old school speaking to them or is there a link?
I search them online and sent a email and they replied back. The UK Facebook page I didn't get a response. I only found out as someone else was selling a brand new one and I asked the same question and he said he bought it for them direct from Germany