Make a donation

Author Topic: Car Stereo  (Read 1345 times)

Offline jeru31

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
Car Stereo
« on: January 23, 2020, 12:16:09 pm »
Hey guys, finally im looking to swap out the stock radio in my gti pirelli 2008, i'm looking at getting the RCD510 or RCD330, is there any issue surround battery drain i should be concerned about? any other recommendations for an android car stereo? thanks fellas
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 12:19:37 pm by jeru31 »

Offline tlnds

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 5
Re: Car Stereo
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2020, 03:56:48 pm »
Should be fine on 2008, they have the updated gateway revision.
Mine's an 08 and there was no drain

Offline RobC

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 20
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2020, 10:27:29 am »
If you have a CAN Gateway with revision K or above at the end you should be OK. I have a 57 plate (MY08) Edition 30 with an L Gateway fitted and mine is fine, so likely yours will be as said above.

Offline jeru31

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2020, 02:14:03 pm »
thanks guys, so finally i can go ahead and get a decent car stereo, any recommendations or should I stick to the RCD330 or RCD510?

Offline MoMo

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2020, 09:47:23 pm »
thanks guys, so finally i can go ahead and get a decent car stereo, any recommendations or should I stick to the RCD330 or RCD510?

I just installed an RCD510 in my 07 plate GTI. Literally no problems whatsoever, which includes no battery drain. It was a simple plug-in and play.

However, I am a little puzzled on whether this stereo can play videos on, I know it has the AUX and Bluetooth compatibility but will need an additional canbus to allow the Bluetooth to function.

So far, so good in my eyes. I may change it in a few months to the RNS510 if there is no video input. If anyone knows anything and can help with this issue, I am all ears and it would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Stevie1982

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2020, 01:17:40 pm »

I just installed an RCD510 in my 07 plate GTI. Literally no problems whatsoever, which includes no battery drain. It was a simple plug-in and play.

However, I am a little puzzled on whether this stereo can play videos on, I know it has the AUX and Bluetooth compatibility but will need an additional canbus to allow the Bluetooth to function.

So far, so good in my eyes. I may change it in a few months to the RNS510 if there is no video input. If anyone knows anything and can help with this issue, I am all ears and it would be greatly appreciated.

Not saying the information is gospal but appears to have optical for a reverse camera but it covers the RNS units aw well

https://www.my-gti.com/719/differences-between-the-volkswagen-rcd-210-rcd-310-rns-310-rcd-510-and-the-rns-510