Make a donation

Author Topic: Having to respond to rediculous Ebay questions!  (Read 2539 times)

Offline Gtcpaul1971

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 3
  • Graphite blue 54 plate 5 Dr gti.
    • Email
  • My Ride: Graphite blue, 54 plate gti
Re: Having to respond to rediculous Ebay questions!
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2020, 12:32:38 pm »
I find eBay and Facebook market place the worst places. You just get time wasters emailing you 90% of the time. Had a phone up for sale on eBay and one guy emailed me wanting 90% off. Politely declined and he went ahead and had a go at me like it's my fault his "daughter" didn't get a phone for Christmas.  :grin:

Good thing with ebay is the £1 listings - shame you can't use this to advertise cars.

Yep, the £1 listing would be brilliant lol
Graphite blue 54 plate.

Offline Gtcpaul1971

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2020, 12:58:17 pm »
I just see this as a shameless plug, telling everyone that you're selling a car, how much you've spent on it, the odd 'fantastic' thrown in. Disguised as an eBay moan, to attract a larger audience.   Well done  :congrats:

Was going to reply with a witty response,  but then realised you dont even own a GTI you drive a Golf diesel lol. # bitter  :happy2:
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 05:47:55 pm by Gtcpaul1971 »
Graphite blue 54 plate.

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 672
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2020, 05:22:55 pm »
I gave up selling cars privately years ago.  I would rather swallow the trade-in loss than deal with imbeciles.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline Gtcpaul1971

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2020, 07:18:17 pm »
I gave up selling cars privately years ago.  I would rather swallow the trade-in loss than deal with imbeciles.

I know Pud but its not worth it on our cars as they are just worth trade and take nothing into account.
Had another kn*b yesterday offering me 2 grand when it's up for 2.7k. So basically a quarter off lol. When I replied with please dont offer me silly offers. His response was "well dont take offers silly lad" and "keep it". Trying to be clever. To which I replied only c*cks offer that much less.
He then cried to ebay and reported me for using the word "c*ck" in a message. Lol. Could dish it but didnt like it back.  I'm not normally a "seller" I sell very little. Mine are all purchases. I usually have no issues when buying
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 07:35:48 pm by Gtcpaul1971 »
Graphite blue 54 plate.

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 672
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2020, 04:26:47 pm »
Yeah that's true.  Depends how quickly you want to shift it I suppose.  I traded in my old MK4 R32 for my ED30.  It only had 60K on it but it had some issues and I wanted rid of it. Got a fair chunk more for it than I expected so didn't have to shell out a huge sum to drive away in the Eddy  :smiley:  I could have got a grand more for it private but it's just all the waiting and time wasters.....can't be doing with it.

Traders don't scrutinise the car like an ebay joker would, or demand some kind of guarantee nothing will break in the next 6 months, or demand you fit new tyres and a clutch. "What tread pattern do the tyres have?" I mean, WTF does that even matter?  Have brain cells halved in the last decade or something? What absolute throbbers there are in this world, and they all gravitate to bloody ebay and Scumtree.  I actually closed my PayPal and Ebay accounts last week as I can't stomach the culture.  I'll just be buying from legitimate shops and traders from now on.

That is the major advantage of trade-ins.  Both parties have a car they want shot of, so it can work out well :grin:  The trader was actually a thoroughly decent chap and was enthusiastic about VAGs, so all in all a mutually beneficial trade.

Anyway, you've certainly had them all come out of the woodwork on your car mate.  Hope you find someone with an ounce of intelligence come your way soon  :happy2:

« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 04:29:14 pm by Pudding »

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline Gtcpaul1971

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2020, 02:11:37 pm »
Yeah that's true.  Depends how quickly you want to shift it I suppose.  I traded in my old MK4 R32 for my ED30.  It only had 60K on it but it had some issues and I wanted rid of it. Got a fair chunk more for it than I expected so didn't have to shell out a huge sum to drive away in the Eddy  :smiley:  I could have got a grand more for it private but it's just all the waiting and time wasters.....can't be doing with it.

Traders don't scrutinise the car like an ebay joker would, or demand some kind of guarantee nothing will break in the next 6 months, or demand you fit new tyres and a clutch. "What tread pattern do the tyres have?" I mean, WTF does that even matter?  Have brain cells halved in the last decade or something? What absolute throbbers there are in this world, and they all gravitate to bloody ebay and Scumtree.  I actually closed my PayPal and Ebay accounts last week as I can't stomach the culture.  I'll just be buying from legitimate shops and traders from now on.

That is the major advantage of trade-ins.  Both parties have a car they want shot of, so it can work out well :grin:  The trader was actually a thoroughly decent chap and was enthusiastic about VAGs, so all in all a mutually beneficial trade.

Anyway, you've certainly had them all come out of the woodwork on your car mate.  Hope you find someone with an ounce of intelligence come your way soon  :happy2:

Thanks Pud. I think when you get cars in this price bracket it can attract domes. Wanting way too much for not a lot of money. Plus, I really dont think they are clued up about the mk 5 gti and dont understand the value of what I have done to it and what parts need replacing to keep it in good nick. I am going to give it another go for sale next week then that's it. It will be getting a cover over and kept on my drive with regular runs round the block. I simply am not letting it go for a silly amount when I have put a lot of money and time into it. I would rather keep it and come back to it once I'm sick of my diesel GTC. I did genuinely miss it when I took it round the block the other day to keep ticking over. I will absolutely miss it and would never get one like this for the money I'm asking. I would really like it to go to someone who appreciates the work done and would continue the same. A mk5 lover and enthusiast. Not some ballb*g who wants a decent mk 5 gti but cant afford it so offers stupid amounts or asks for rediculous things. I am not in a rush so I just bat them away. Cheers matey
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 02:16:42 pm by Gtcpaul1971 »
Graphite blue 54 plate.