Make a donation

Author Topic: Steering Basic adaptation issues  (Read 830 times)

Offline Backhill1

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Steering Basic adaptation issues
« on: February 10, 2020, 02:23:58 pm »
HI I am new to the forum and quite new to the VW world so looking for some help and assistance.

I have a MK5 GT TDI (BKD) 4 Motion 56 plate with midline controller.
I have the Gen 2 Steering system which has the torque angle sensor in the rack?
I already have cruise and am trying to fit a MFSW.
Existing controller is 1KO 953 549 BK (Midline)
Slip Ring is Type 2 Not sure if it is 1KO 959 653 C or D (How can I check in VCDS?) but I don't think this matters?

I have bought a controller 1K0 953 549 AQ which from what I can see on Ross Tech data and forum searches should be the one for the job. When fitted MFSW works fine Cruise all good and horn works as it should.

However I cannot get the steering adaptations to clear or get the basic settings to OK?

When I code all seams to be accepted? I have an underlying ABS G201 issue that the previous owner managed to code out? so there is no light on the dash just the ESP button doesn't work.

When I swap back my old controller everything sets up as it should after a short drive and a left and right turn of the steering?

I am thinking there might be settings in ABS or Steering that are now incorrect which is not allowing the Steering basic settings or could the ABS issue be connected and I am wasting my time until fixed??
Any thoughts ideas?

FYI The module must have come from a GTI with an auto box and paddle shift and highline going by the original coding found.

Thanks in advance.

Offline GVK

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 61
    • GVKmotorsport
    • Email
Re: Steering Basic adaptation issues
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2020, 01:51:38 am »
There was an old thread on here regarding this, fault was found to be rear ABS sensor/hub.

Might be worth a read https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,111188.15.html

Offline Backhill1

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Re: Steering Basic adaptation issues
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2020, 11:41:03 pm »
GVK

Thanks but everything is good with my existing controller, it is only when I change it that I cannot  get the adaptations to save.

Hence I don't think I have a car problem just not enough knowledge of VCDS to navigate and get the Basic settings saved to free my steering.