Make a donation

Author Topic: New Edition 30 Owner - Black 5dr  (Read 2831 times)

Offline aerochrome

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • S24 SPP
    • Email
New Edition 30 Owner - Black 5dr
« on: February 15, 2020, 03:24:15 pm »
Hello!

Last week, I picked up my new Edition 30 and am absolutely loving it so far. It has a couple of extremely tiny dents and a couple of air vents are a bit broken but apart from that, absolutely flawless! 71k on the clock, it seems to have really been taken care of.

It has a scorpion exhaust on it which sounds lovely and bassy. What tasteful cosmetic mods do you think work well on a black ED30?

Offline aerochrome

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • S24 SPP
    • Email
Re: New Edition 30 Owner - Black 5dr
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2020, 04:19:48 pm »
Edit: picture didn't attach properly

Offline shannon-ob

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ssk7v59cdboa4p4va40jdoehr1&/topic,124095.0.html
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2020, 09:09:57 am »
Looks good buddy!

A set of xenon headlights and a touch of lowering is where I'd start :)
MY 3 DOOR 370BHP MANUAL GTI TRACK BUILD - WAVETRACK DIFF, CAGED, POLYCARBS, KO4, DB9 BRAKES, METH, BARTEK, VIS, HELIX PADDLE CLUTCH/SMF, FLOCKED DASH, 18X9 PRO RACE

https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,124095.0.html

Instagrams;
@shannon_ob
@dinger_developments

Offline Octoparrot

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 99
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2020, 07:19:55 pm »
Leave it be!  It looks great as it is!

Offline G-olf

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2020, 08:57:51 pm »
A great looking car  :happy2:

If you don't mind me asking, how do you find the scorpion exhaust? Is it cat back, sports cat or de cat? res or non res?
Does it drone at constant throttle/motorway?

Thanks

Offline aerochrome

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • S24 SPP
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2020, 07:11:24 pm »
A great looking car  :happy2:

If you don't mind me asking, how do you find the scorpion exhaust? Is it cat back, sports cat or de cat? res or non res?
Does it drone at constant throttle/motorway?

Thanks

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you! It's non-res cat back.

It does drone a bit sitting at 70 but not that much (apologies, I've not got that much I can compare against as it's my first car with aftermarket exhaust) - not enough to bother me just yet and the radio at 25% volume covers it anyway. It's not obnoxious by any means but I hear it rattles the letterbox when I pull up at home...

Really bassy and it does make a really nice tone. I didn't like it at first but I've been used to being able to blend into a crowd in my last couple of cars - it's definitely growing on me!

Offline G-olf

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2020, 08:19:00 pm »
Thanks,

Thinking of getting a cat back but don't want too much noise. If I can grab the scorpion system from e bay when they have one of the special offers on they are reasonably priced too.

Thanks for your help  :happy2:

Offline shoaybmakda

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2020, 01:02:06 pm »
Thanks,

Thinking of getting a cat back but don't want too much noise. If I can grab the scorpion system from e bay when they have one of the special offers on they are reasonably priced too.

Thanks for your help  :happy2:

I had a milltek non res on mine and thought it was really nice with not much drone at all.

Offline G-olf

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2020, 10:17:37 am »
Shoay,

Do you know if your milltek was the slim back box or the regular one part numbers 260 or 333?

Cheers

Offline connorjust

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2020, 06:38:58 pm »
Looks nice bud, I do love an edition 30 :) deffo agree with the lowering and xenon mods :)

Offline fiddlermay2003

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2020, 10:18:04 am »
Hello!

Last week, I picked up my new Edition 30 and am absolutely loving it so far. It has a couple of extremely tiny dents and a couple of air vents are a bit broken but apart from that, absolutely flawless! 71k on the clock, it seems to have really been taken care of.

It has a scorpion exhaust on it which sounds lovely and bassy. What tasteful cosmetic mods do you think work well on a black ED30?

I agree with others on here. It looks good just as it is.Unmolested ones will always be in demand in the future. I have had from new a 15,000 mile 2007 Edition 30 and I love it.No mods,fluffy dice or extra power (fast enough for our roads) I know, I know...I should use it more but I sometimes just don't  have the time and I'm always careful where I park it .But,when I do use it I love it and I've been lucky, I've had them all -Cosworths, Evo 1 & 2 Integrales etc etc .