Make a donation

Author Topic: Why cant we have nice things!  (Read 2701 times)

Offline dazzamann

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Why cant we have nice things!
« on: February 17, 2020, 10:22:54 pm »
Just going to post on here mainly to rant and see if anyone else has suffered a similar fate as mine. I bought a 2011 Golf GTI in candy white literally yesterday & already someone has smashed the passenger window to try and steal the sat-nav. Luckily it was still there (maybe their flathead screwdriver wasnt efficient). Will post a few photo’s below so we can cry together.

Darren

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline dazzamann

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
Re: Why cant we have nice things!
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2020, 10:23:20 pm »

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2020, 01:09:50 am »
Sorry to see this mate ..thought this had stopped a few years agi

Offline dazzamann

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2020, 06:26:55 am »
Sorry to see this mate ..thought this had stopped a few years agi

Me too! The cars 9 years old and doesnt even have a private plate lol

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=nt45ip13ci1e6n8pdbrbtcalm5&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2020, 04:25:16 pm »
f*cking C9unts!  :fighting:

Offline dazzamann

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2020, 04:38:52 pm »
Its fixed now! Only cost me bloody £90. Still need to order a new b pillar trim which is looking like another £30-40

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=nt45ip13ci1e6n8pdbrbtcalm5&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2020, 06:04:39 pm »
The way I see smashed windows is that I would rather come back to a smashed window rather than having someone having keyed it all down the side.

Offline dazzamann

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2020, 11:28:24 pm »
The way I see smashed windows is that I would rather come back to a smashed window rather than having someone having keyed it all down the side.

Yeah agreed, still nasty to see. Wouldn’t have annoyed me as much if i wasn’t in my first 24 hours of ownership. Was waiting at work all day to come back just to see it in bits. Will have to invest in an ncp pass :(

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2020, 04:42:16 pm »
You seem in fairly good spirits about it!  I think I would be performing my own 'stop and search' of local scrotes with a baseball bat  :grin:

Car theft is far from over.  Everything in life goes in circles.  Remember high performance cars being uninsurable in the 90s due to joy riders stealing hot hatches etc?  Well apparently keyless entry cars will face the same fate as of next year!  That was one big f'ck up by car manufacturers, pandering to peoples' laziness and insatiable appetite for convenience.

It's the same old story unfortunately.  Leave absolutely nothing of value in the car, and that includes easy to sell on ebay RNS510s.  It's one of the reasons I sold mine and put a standard base spec radio back in, and just use the phone for nav  :smiley:

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline dazzamann

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2020, 05:00:20 pm »
You seem in fairly good spirits about it!  I think I would be performing my own 'stop and search' of local scrotes with a baseball bat  :grin:

Car theft is far from over.  Everything in life goes in circles.  Remember high performance cars being uninsurable in the 90s due to joy riders stealing hot hatches etc?  Well apparently keyless entry cars will face the same fate as of next year!  That was one big f'ck up by car manufacturers, pandering to peoples' laziness and insatiable appetite for convenience.

It's the same old story unfortunately.  Leave absolutely nothing of value in the car, and that includes easy to sell on ebay RNS510s.  It's one of the reasons I sold mine and put a standard base spec radio back in, and just use the phone for nav  :smiley:

Yeah i think i would be doing if i wasn’t trying to keep positive. I didn’t even want to drive it home I was happy to die of hypothermia on the car park lol! But yeah its one of those things, i’m paying an extra £60 a month now to park somewhere more secure. Grim but needed, just weird that I parked my a3 there for 2 years without trouble but saying that it was the 63 with the screen that folds away. & i’ve heard the sat-nav in mine is top spec (4 buttons either side + aux).

Hope you haven’t suffered the same fate as me buddy

Offline titchy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 33
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2020, 04:31:13 pm »
bloody shameful glad it was an easy fix

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2020, 11:45:22 pm »

Yeah i think i would be doing if i wasn’t trying to keep positive. I didn’t even want to drive it home I was happy to die of hypothermia on the car park lol! But yeah its one of those things, i’m paying an extra £60 a month now to park somewhere more secure. Grim but needed, just weird that I parked my a3 there for 2 years without trouble but saying that it was the 63 with the screen that folds away. & i’ve heard the sat-nav in mine is top spec (4 buttons either side + aux).

Hope you haven’t suffered the same fate as me buddy

I haven't yet, thankfully. I live in a low crime area but I'm a vigilant & pessimistic person by nature, and I think like a crim  :grin:

Thieves target VAGs and German cars in particular, especially with Shark Fin antennas as it's a dead give away for NAV radios.  Good RNS radios fetch 500ish on ebay, so it's a good market for them.  In all honesty, I don't miss my RNS510 at all.  I use a Bluetooth dongle thing for audio and my phone for Nav.  Thieves look in my window and see a crappy old RCD310 and jog on  :happy2:

Glad you found somewhere safe to park it mate, even if it costs you a few beer tokens  :happy2:

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D