Make a donation

Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 973 times)

Offline roryscott30

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Introduction
« on: February 28, 2020, 09:23:19 am »
Hi everyone just wanted to introduce myself as i have recently joined. Looking through this site has taken up a considerable amount of my time as there is so much information on here, it's absolutely superb what an amount of helpful guides, articles and stories as you look through some of the owners rides - well done to all!

I started looking here when i secured my first Mkv GTI last weekend, an '05 black manual 5 door. I was on a restricted budget so when one came along at the right money for me i secured it.

It will need a bit of work but i'll start another thread with details, just wanted to say hi first

thanks

Offline Lucky ducky

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 30
  • -Receive: 3
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2020, 07:16:34 pm »
Welcome to mind's of information group

Offline Kee1994

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2020, 08:49:02 pm »
Welcome :)

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Offline roryscott30

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2020, 09:09:08 pm »
Thank you

Offline ROH ECHT

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2020, 09:17:58 pm »
Yes, welcome. Because activity on MK5 forums has declined...you may want to sign up on more than just one forum. Vortex and Golf MKV are two of the others still available and somewhat active. I'm in the US but I'm on 5 to 6 forums. If not helping....then learning.  :drinking:
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

Offline OldGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2020, 10:47:11 pm »
Welcome mate I'm new here to and leaning something new every day.

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2020, 03:04:41 am »
Yes, welcome. Because activity on MK5 forums has declined...you may want to sign up on more than just one forum. Vortex and Golf MKV are two of the others still available and somewhat active. I'm in the US but I'm on 5 to 6 forums. If not helping....then learning.  :drinking:

You're not wrong. It's weird how quiet the MK5 scene is with such huge potential in the platform.  The Corrado/Scirocco scene has considerably more activity, and they are considerably rarer cars!

I put it down to a generation shift.  Cars these days are disposable items and it's all about facebook power figures and p1ss easy bolt-ons people can do with a 10mm spanner and a screwdriver.  Anything that requires an ounce of mechanical/troubleshooting aptitude just eludes so many people now.  Sad times.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D