Make a donation

Author Topic: UK Spring Sale  (Read 1866 times)

Offline Revo Kev

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
UK Spring Sale
« on: March 26, 2010, 03:28:22 pm »

Offline JPC

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
Re: UK Spring Sale
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 03:54:36 pm »
Cmon Kev, you know you wanna thro a file together for my lowly 170 dpf! ;)

Offline gobbleplease

• Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Receive: 48
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 04:23:17 pm »
Wish i never seen this............

Just wondering mate will you guys be doing offers like this again ? didnt really want a map at the moment as ive been spending too much on the car but at that price it would be daft not too ?

So thats £400 for the mk5 gti 2.0t how much for the select box or switch box on top ?, cant remember what you guys call it.

I will be going stage 2 at somepoint but i dont think i would use the select + as im not sure about what im doing with the settings, so i think thats best left to the tuners.

TBH, im not sure what the point in the select plus is, surely once revos distributers set it up its done so correctly anyway so why would you need to change the settings ?, Also mate if somethings not quite right surely you can just take it back to the dealer and tell him whats up and they would sort it free of charge as the settings werent quite up to scratch the first time

Obviously i see the point in adjusting it for differant bolt on mods after the remap has been issued, but im planning on fitting everything then the remap, so not much point in the + box for me !

Im i right in what im saying kev or am i missing the point somewhere

Thanks Bryan.
MK5 EDITION 30 - CW - REVO S2+ - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

MK7 GTI - ARRIVING DECEMBER

MK2 GTI - RB - 1.8T - GARAGE QUEEN

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 05:48:28 pm »
The idea with the switch is you can do some logging and the results will tell you were you can safely add a bit more boost or drop the fuelling, that type of thing. which will then safely add a bit more power and utilise your bolt ons to the fullest.  :happy2:
You can turn it back to stock for dealer visits, or drop the settings right down if you have to use (95 ron ) + there is the useful immobilizer.  :smiley:

Offline gobbleplease

• Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Receive: 48
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 06:53:14 pm »
 :happy2:

What i was more thinking (with what im planning in mind) was that im fitting all my bits and bobs at the same time, so in effect all the data logging optimal settings should already be input in the remap by the tuner, so basically set up perfectly in the first place with no other bolt on mods to come, there for no need for the fancy select + as all boost, fuel, timing settings should be correctly set with no need to modify.
Although i can see the need if you are adding bits and bobs after the remap, this wouldnt be the case with me though.

I was just thinking about, the basic one ( select ??) so that i could switch from standard to remap or imobilise or even a 95 octane fuel if this is possible! Cheers !
MK5 EDITION 30 - CW - REVO S2+ - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

MK7 GTI - ARRIVING DECEMBER

MK2 GTI - RB - 1.8T - GARAGE QUEEN