Make a donation

Author Topic: LED Interior Light fail  (Read 1112 times)

Offline Marok

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
LED Interior Light fail
« on: April 14, 2020, 02:25:31 pm »
So today I attempted to replace all my interior lights with Lush Uk's LED Interior light Kit, I used this video to follow along to make sure I didn't break any trims trying to pry them off with my heavy handedness

I successfully changed all the front dome cluster lights and the rear headliner lights, however when I attempted to replace the vanity mirror lights everything went wrong, they led went in fine (however you aren't given a list of what led is supposed to go where so its a bit of a guessing game) and once the led was in none of the other lights in the car will come on now apart from the footwell lights which are still the standard yellow bulbs from factory.

Anyone have any ideas before I lose my rag?

Offline fakie1977

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 21
    • Email
Re: LED Interior Light fail
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2020, 04:25:10 pm »
You may have just blown a fuse - I don’t know if the footwell lights are on a different fuse but it would make sense if you are still seeing them and none of the others.

Note that there does seem to be a right way and a wrong way of installing led replacement festoons and it might be that you just need to take out the one you just tried to install and turn it around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Marok

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2020, 09:38:40 pm »
All resolved now dude, twas but a blown fuse, just spent ages trying to find the manual for the car with the fuse box layout on it then realised I had this thing called the internet.

Thank you though dude! :wink:

Offline RobC

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 20
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2020, 11:37:34 am »
3rd row down, 4th one in from the right, 7.5A mini fuse - did exactly the same the other week  :grin: