Make a donation

Author Topic: New wings  (Read 1204 times)

Offline corradovr6

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
New wings
« on: April 09, 2020, 01:39:31 pm »
Anyone had any of these aftermarket pre- painted wings from ebay. Lothian spares is the one I am looking at.

If so did they fit ok and what was colour match like

Offline muff1991

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 69
Re: New wings
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2020, 01:59:24 pm »
This very question on these exact wings have been covered on here before. But to save you finding the thread.. I commented with experience to say yes they’re a pretty spot on colour match, the fitment is fairly good. My mate brought a pair and one side fitted virtually as if it was genuine tbh, but the other side didn’t fit so good up top near the A pillar. My mate wasn’t too bothered but it would of annoyed the hell out of me. After emailing Lothian myself asking them if they did my exact colour code and to find out what issue I’d face if one or both wings didn’t fit well (going off experience) they said they’d replace and rectify any problems or issues I had. Which I think is good. For the price (circa £180) it certainly beats going genuine and then having them painted as I got quoted all in for like £500. Depending on how bad your wings are... you could have the wings repaired which could last another few years and it might save a lot of hassle and be cheaper.
All in all.. not bad wings for the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Stupots

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 35
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2020, 03:10:54 pm »
I agree with @muff1991
My mate had a pair of I think Union Grey wings and they were a great colour match and good fit. We added some spray on Waxoyl for extra protection.

Excellent for the price and properly packed.

2006 VW Golf Mk5 Sport TDI 4Motion (140 BKD)

Offline corradovr6

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2020, 04:16:26 pm »
nice one cheers