All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
Key combos
08micsta:
Hello
--- Quote from: ub7rm on January 06, 2009, 02:55:16 pm ---Midline :sad:
But mine most likely had the updates before I took ownership 6 months ago (2005 model). Usefull information, I'll see how much VW want to rob me for this and then most likely tell them to naff off.
Cheers though.
--- End quote ---
Technically VW cant rob you. Your vehcile has these options and you have paid for these options. If they try charge tell them to get lost. All they do is plug her in and click a few buttons and its done. Its their responsibility.
I dont want to speak for him but drop VRSTU a PM. He is very good with VAGCOM and maybe you and him can sort something out.
--- Quote from: stealthwolf on January 06, 2009, 09:27:20 pm ---Midline too. But funnily enough, the car boot now opens normally.
Still can't get the windows to open without the keys in the ignition (the hold-down-open-button trick still works though).
--- End quote ---
Have you tried recoding the key? I personally would not leave this. The car is doing its own thing. I dont think you want to wake up to a car full of ice cos a window opened? :sad:
Mike
ub7rm:
--- Quote from: 08micsta on January 07, 2009, 10:06:52 am ---Hello
--- Quote from: ub7rm on January 06, 2009, 02:55:16 pm ---Midline :sad:
But mine most likely had the updates before I took ownership 6 months ago (2005 model). Usefull information, I'll see how much VW want to rob me for this and then most likely tell them to naff off.
Cheers though.
--- End quote ---
Technically VW cant rob you. Your vehcile has these options and you have paid for these options. If they try charge tell them to get lost. All they do is plug her in and click a few buttons and its done. Its their responsibility.
I dont want to speak for him but drop VRSTU a PM. He is very good with VAGCOM and maybe you and him can sort something out.
--- End quote ---
I'm based up in Aberdeen which puts me at a great distance (I suspect!) from most other members on here and golfgti. I like your optimism with regards to the dealers but my exerience of them in the past is that they will want an hours labour just to 'investigate' what they will regard as a fault. I might phone them up for a laugh but like I say I'm not really too bothered. At the weekend I might have a go at recoding the key according to the manual and see if that makes any difference.
08micsta:
Im anything but positive about dealers.
But this is the running of your car and it honestly only takes a few minutes. So they would be stupid to charge.
Mike
stealthwolf:
--- Quote from: 08micsta on January 07, 2009, 10:06:52 am ---Have you tried recoding the key? I personally would not leave this. The car is doing its own thing. I dont think you want to wake up to a car full of ice cos a window opened? :sad:
--- End quote ---
This has been going on for two weeks. Not once in that time did the windows ever roll down randomly. Will check it again tonight with the other key.,
08micsta:
I didnt say it had. I was hgowever saying that anything is possible. Rather just be safe :innocent:
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
[*] Previous page
Go to full version