All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Key combos

<< < (4/5) > >>

ub7rm:

--- Quote from: ub7rm on January 06, 2009, 11:39:51 am ---Id be interested in hearing how this is resolved, since I've picked up my car the remote open/close windows doesn't work and the boot opening button doesn't seem to work at all.  Not really bothered but it would be nice to have these features...


--- End quote ---

Well after reading the handbook today to see how to synch the remote and the car (its just unlock with the blade then start the car within 15 seconds - thats it) I discovered the problem with the boot unlocking.....I was doing it wrong!  :ashamed: Apparantly you have to hold the boot button for 2 seconds before the boot unlocks.  Previously I was just bliping the button!  Still have to sort the windows.

stealthwolf:
Do you hold down the button to open your window? You have to press it for aaaaaaaaages before the windows go down.

08micsta:
Lol. You have to hold the unlock button for about four seconds. Then they go down. Mike

ub7rm:
 :ashamed:

I do know about holding it down for the windows, I have held it down for quite a while and nothing happened but I am impatient so my 'quite a while' maybe isn't long enough.  I'll investigate this later.

rdfcpete:

--- Quote from: stealthwolf on January 04, 2009, 04:12:11 pm ---Somehow, probably with pressing all the keys on the fob when bored, I've managed to bugger a few things up. Only happened in the last month.

1. Windows no longer wind up and down once the car's turned off. Really annoying because it used to be so useful.

2. Can't open the boot without using the boot button, even when I'm in the car and all the doors are open (double-press door open button on door).

Any ideas on how to correct it all?

--- End quote ---

Stealthwolf is right on this isn't he, as in when parked, there's no other button in the car for opening the boot and you must use the key fob button, even if it's in the ignition?

Ta,
Pete.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version