Make a donation

Author Topic: DMF kit  (Read 1116 times)

Offline roryscott30

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
DMF kit
« on: May 15, 2020, 02:51:17 pm »
Hi there,

Next part of my journey is fixing the whirring London Underground style noise as per previous thread. Having dropped the oil there was a massive amount of brass filings in the oil which actually gave the oil a gold sheen. I managed to source another gearbox who had been working perfectly by a fella who only changed it out to install a box with LSD. When I took the box out I noticed the DMF was fairly wobbly and clattering when moved. Clutch plate was low too and the thrust bearing on the CSC was obviously very dry and worn. So I had a look online and prices vary hugely from £600 for just the DMF to a company called TechniClutch which can provide a LUK DMF with clutch plate and CSC for £249 or having spoken to them they can offer an updated system including lightened balanced flywheel (non DMF) with updated clutch for a few quid more. Any had any dealings and any advice on which to go for?

Many thanks

Offline Octoparrot

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 99
    • Email
Re: DMF kit
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2020, 01:30:42 pm »
I'd go for the standard LUK set up myself unless your going big power.

Offline roryscott30

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2020, 01:47:02 pm »
Thanks for that. Yes i think that's what i'll go, for i wont be looking for big power possibly just a hybrid K03 and remap so i was think standard set up would be fine

thanks again

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2020, 09:22:41 pm »
Don't go anywhere near single mass conversions. 

A DMF and clutch for £249??  It will be utter dog sh1t.  Trust me, I've fitted a LUK DMF from Eurocarparts and it last 18 months before rattling. Absolute trash.  There's a reason why the dealer charges £700 for them.  They are better made!

AKS Tuning do a LUK DMF which is apparently a stronger version from the S3/6R (didn't know such a thing existed) for £340, but again, it's a pattern part.  It won't last.  The factory DMF on my ED30 lasted 9 years. Change it out for a cheap pattern and it lasts 2.  Go figure.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline roryscott30

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2020, 12:49:39 am »
Thanks for that i did wonder how they could only charge so little so have avoided them. I will get a price for VW part 

thanks again

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2020, 10:50:13 am »
If you have a good relationship with your dealer, they can usually do much bigger discounts on the heavy metal stuff.  Mine could offer me a complete clutch kit and DMF for £750ish last time I asked.  Normally the DMF is around £700 on it's own @ full retail  :confused:

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D