Make a donation

Author Topic: Deano Candy white GTI  (Read 27929 times)

Offline Deano45

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 16
    • Email
Re: Deano Candy white GTI
« Reply #90 on: December 18, 2020, 04:19:20 pm »
Looks great @deano I still have mine in the shed ready to respray black (they are already black) with a couple of rattle cans  :laugh:

Thanks stu,  it’s amazing how different it now looks with colour coded side skirts That’s a win 😀

Offline Jons1001

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #91 on: January 08, 2021, 01:09:18 pm »
Hi Deano have you got a link to the exhaust you bought please?

Offline Deano45

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: January 08, 2021, 02:09:43 pm »
Hi Deano have you got a link to the exhaust you bought please?

Hi , Here you go this is the one I brought fits perfect ...hope this helps

Here’s the link :

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/283449115386

Offline Deano45

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: January 14, 2021, 09:02:40 pm »
Not much of an update but thought I’d post more for this thread for future reference. Anyway I’ve managed to find a genuine second hand R32 front bumper in very good condition not to bad for 6 weeks of on/off looking in that time I’ve. Managed to find everything needed to complete just need to get this into the body-shop as soon as I can . Looking forward to getting this fitted ,,

3A8B4368-D365-4F19-B19B-03CB91F23D1C by DEAN, on Flickr

Offline Deano45

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: February 02, 2021, 11:37:57 pm »
Small update on the front bumper .. its now all fitted with no problems with it being genuine part and really happy with the look of the front. Quite possibly one of my favourite mods. I might look at getting a lower front splitter later on just to finish the look also managed to fit my gti badge to the front grill,,

45 by DEAN, on Flickr

IMG_2437 by DEAN, on Flickr

northing to do with the front but hey,,,

35 by DEAN, on Flickr

last of all treated her to a new Varta battery as the original was starting to struggle .

46 by DEAN, on Flickr

Offline Mekaniko

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #95 on: February 09, 2021, 05:37:30 pm »
Very good moods....!!

Can I ask for brake pedal feel after installing the R32 Calipers? Is longer? Is really noticeable on the pedal feel and better braking or is just keeping the heat better with the bigger diameter?

Thank you and keep posting!

Offline Deano45

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: February 09, 2021, 09:12:33 pm »
Very good moods....!!

Can I ask for brake pedal feel after installing the R32 Calipers? Is longer? Is really noticeable on the pedal feel and better braking or is just keeping the heat better with the bigger diameter?

Thank you and keep posting!

Thanks a lot,,

As for the question regarding the R32 brake pedal feel it is no Longer than the standard brake pedal travel but superior in better pedal feel/ stopping power also the larger diameter Discs have a big part to play which equals more confidence on the brakes . Eg late braking something with standard brakes is scary.  I always thought the standard gti brakes were weedy.

I’ve Also started collecting parts to do a R32 rear brake conversion for when the weather gets better.

Hope this helps ,,

Offline Mekaniko

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #97 on: February 10, 2021, 08:09:20 am »
Thank's for this explanation, since I drove a colleague R32 I have the brake improvement on my list but a little worried if I need to change the mastercilinder also. But with your conclusions I feel more confident and I will go for that at some point. I don't know if the rear calipers will be a noticeable improve or at least not as much as on the front.

Offline Deano45

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: February 10, 2021, 11:08:20 am »
Thank's for this explanation, since I drove a colleague R32 I have the brake improvement on my list but a little worried if I need to change the mastercilinder also. But with your conclusions I feel more confident and I will go for that at some point. I don't know if the rear calipers will be a noticeable improve or at least not as much as on the front.

No problem,,

I agree About the rear calipers I don’t think their will be a noticeable improvement In  Braking I could be wrong though. But as far as aesthetics are concerned It will look so much better a drilled vented disc instead of the smaller solid disc.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 06:18:13 am by Deano45 »

Offline SubZero75

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #99 on: March 04, 2021, 03:27:58 pm »
Hi folks,

I hope OP doesn't mind but I had a shark fin aerial fitted to my Mark 5 here in Ireland. The reception is awful!

Does anyone have any advice? Would an upgraded radio unit help? Could a better aerial be fitted to the rear windscreen?

Cheers

Offline Deano45

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #100 on: March 05, 2021, 10:47:20 am »
Hi folks,

I hope OP doesn't mind but I had a shark fin aerial fitted to my Mark 5 here in Ireland. The reception is awful!

Does anyone have any advice? Would an upgraded radio unit help? Could a better aerial be fitted to the rear windscreen?

Cheers

Hi, I don’t know if this will help or not but but on the rear of the head unit you should have A (twin fakka )two FaKka radio connections Which are green in colour :one for the roof aerial/ sharks fin and another to the aerial in the tailgate this could possibly be a booster for the main aerial .

Offline SubZero75

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #101 on: March 05, 2021, 12:16:46 pm »
Hi folks,

Cheers

Hi, I don’t know if this will help or not but but on the rear of the head unit you should have A (twin fakka )two FaKka radio connections Which are green in colour :one for the roof aerial/ sharks fin and another to the aerial in the tailgate this could possibly be a booster for the main aerial .

Thank you!

I bought this aerial

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/183715435585

There's a chance that the item is not the best quality too  :grin:

I'm trying to source a good one, so if anyone knows of where to find one, that would be great :)

Offline imprezzaworks

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #102 on: March 23, 2021, 08:06:00 am »
Car looks great. Always fancied a white gti but ended up buying a black one. And after me saying never buy another black car.

Offline Deano45

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #103 on: March 23, 2021, 07:24:11 pm »
Car looks great. Always fancied a white gti but ended up buying a black one. And after me saying never buy another black car.

Thanks,, I had a black gti a while ago ..black still looks awesome When it’s clean and shiny.

Offline Deano45

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #104 on: March 31, 2021, 01:56:57 pm »
Another small update ... managed to find some time to get My new R32 310mm rear brakes fitted unfortunately I have been forced to do It Due to a seized rear caliper so did not have time to paint before fitting that being said so much better than the original junk.

824FA6B9-2EAE-4DDE-BB42-D19FF2DB3B50 by DEAN, on Flickr

EE8BB53E-86EB-4ACA-BAC0-BBDD18A12422 by DEAN, on Flickr

All fitted what a massive difference. Also fitted Hel lines and new hard pipes the caliper bolts came out without any problems they just need a lick of paint now..

E41D6087-2BDD-4086-9E1D-ABD23DD9B24F by DEAN, on Flickr

60588180-9BF2-446F-92A0-D9E2A31EF35B by DEAN, on Flickr