Make a donation

Author Topic: Deano Candy white GTI  (Read 27407 times)

Offline Rossimac

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 78
  • -Receive: 33
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,90767.0.html
Re: Deano Candy white GTI
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2020, 12:09:03 pm »
Cheers! Grill looks likes it's a good price.

I ordered 2 from eBay last night and they're coming from China. As we're not using the car much in happy to wait. It would've been cheaper from Amazon and quicker buy hey, no big loss.

I've picked up a lot of things for my second GTI, similar to what you have. Have got interior trim and a few things like an RNS 510 and a fiscon Bluetooth system that I picked up at a reasonable price.

Will be following this thread to see what else you do to yours  :happy2:

Offline SubZero75

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2020, 04:51:01 pm »
You're doing super work and I am following your work closely.

I was wondering, if it was not too much hassle, could you post the part number or ebay link to items you get. Sometimes I'm having difficulty locating them online (because I'm an idiot!)

Thank you.

PS - in terms of an upgrade for the lights, would you consider it a "must do" or a luxury upgrade. Thank you again

Offline slynch23

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2020, 05:04:33 pm »
Another small update ...ive managed to get a few bits done even though i have not washed  the car since i brought it ...anyway maybe a job for tomorrow as its crying out for it..

so this happened today i decided to fit the Audi A4 Exhaust trims as a temporary measure for now to cover up the stock rusty tailpipes until i get new exhaust system.

14 by DEAN, on Flickr

13 by DEAN, on Flickr

12 by DEAN, on Flickr

Also Replaced the missing gti badge on the tailgate ...................................................................................................

Also purchased a genuine luggage net for the boot which looks nice and also started replacing the window switches and light switch for the more attractive mk6 items still need to do the fuel switch and the passenger window and last but not least i replaced the key fob body for a new one as it did need it.

15 by DEAN, on Flickr

17 by DEAN, on Flickr

18 by DEAN, on Flickr

19 by DEAN, on Flickr

Great thread mate. Any chance you can post a link to the key housing?

Offline Deano45

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 16
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2020, 07:47:03 pm »
Hi ..slynch 

Thanks..This is the link to the key housing I Used : https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/153758015523

Offline Deano45

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2020, 09:19:47 pm »
Small update ....Decided to get a few service items changed having not removed the engine cover since i brought it ..under the engine cover it was a very dirty place unfortunately i never took any pictures anyway got the good old gunk degreaser out and gave it a good clean. Now onto the maint side of things first job replace the cam follower and as we all know this is a must the old one was not that bad considering the mileage.  Also replaced the pcv valve nothing wrong with the old one but wanted the revised version as the one it replaced was the original dated 2008.
06 by DEAN, on Flickr

Old cam follower

05 by DEAN, on Flickr

Also replaced the cabin filter ...don't know when it was last replaced but it looked a mess...............................................

01 by DEAN, on Flickr

Last couple of small jobs were to replaced the aux belt ... and also replaced the bonnet damper for a new one so i guess thats all for now..

04 by DEAN, on Flickr

08 by DEAN, on Flickr

Offline Tonksy

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2020, 10:52:17 pm »
Hi ..slynch 

Thanks..This is the link to the key housing I Used : https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/153758015523

Did it also come with the VM emblem?  Easy to fit?  Both of my keys could do with new cases.
2008 Mk5 GTi - DSG

Offline Deano45

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2020, 11:02:52 pm »
Hi ..slynch 

Did it also come with the VM emblem?  Easy to fit?  Both of my keys could do with new cases.

unfortunately not i had to buy separately from ebay only £2.49.

Offline Deano45

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2020, 05:55:16 pm »
Another small update...This time my drivers rear caliper decided it did not want to play anymore and decided to start binding i thought about buying a rebuilt kit for it but decided against that and brought a brand new caliper i still have the old one so might rebuild it later on. Also brought some new rear pads /clips/bolts and also grave the discs a clean i do need to paint the centres at some point .

Nice New Power-coated Caliper ...

01 by DEAN, on Flickr

And all fitted ...

03 by DEAN, on Flickr

also fitted some 10mm forge spacers to the rear and some 3mm spacers to the front for now which i already had from a previous car. and i also painted the passenger side rear caliper.

02 by DEAN, on Flickr

Offline pandaman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 6
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,115571.0.html
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2020, 03:06:03 pm »
Hey Deano, great thread!

Just wondering where you got the Audi A3 Sline 8V Gear-knob and gaiter, can't find the exact same one as you. Was it genuine?

Offline Deano45

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2020, 03:39:43 pm »
Hey Deano, great thread!

Just wondering where you got the Audi A3 Sline 8V Gear-knob and gaiter, can't find the exact same one as you. Was it genuine?

Hi , Thanks ..I got mine off eBay a guy was selling a brand new genuine one. New ones come up for sale from time to time their are usually a few used About under sline 8v gear-knob.

Hope that helps,,

Offline SubZero75

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2020, 05:40:50 pm »
Hi Dean,
in your white GTi thread, you mentioned 12mm Bimecc spacers on the rear and 10mm on the front.
I contacted a seller on Ebay and was advised

"Bimecc dont do a 10mm hubcentric in the fitment for your car. It starts at 12.

We've got none of their 12s in stock. We will have 12mm ones in stock either tomorrow or Wednesday though, which are our own brand. As for the 10s, if you want them we may be able to make you some, if you can wait some time."

Can you provide some advice?

Offline GTImattJ20

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2020, 06:48:47 pm »
Stunning!

Offline Deano45

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2020, 06:52:22 pm »
Hi Dean,
in your white GTi thread, you mentioned 12mm Bimecc spacers on the rear and 10mm on the front.
I contacted a seller on Ebay and was advised

"Bimecc dont do a 10mm hubcentric in the fitment for your car. It starts at 12.

We've got none of their 12s in stock. We will have 12mm ones in stock either tomorrow or Wednesday though, which are our own brand. As for the 10s, if you want them we may be able to make you some, if you can wait some time."

Can you provide some advice?

Hi yes I can ....you must have been looking at my previous car Thread which I had 12mm bimecc spacers on the rear I never brought 10 mm spacers for the front and in the end and used a 5 mm spacer instead .Hope that sorts things out .

Offline Deano45

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2020, 07:29:49 pm »
Stunning!

Thanks for the kind words ..

Offline pandaman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 6
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,115571.0.html
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2020, 02:03:32 am »
Hey Deano, great thread!

Hi , Thanks ..I got mine off eBay a guy was selling a brand new genuine one. New ones come up for sale from time to time their are usually a few used About under sline 8v gear-knob.

Hope that helps,,

Cheers yeah i've found some now, although they look more square than whats in a GTI?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/193082936640

Did you have to unpick the leather and fit it to the GTI plastic parts?