Make a donation

Author Topic: Deano Candy white GTI  (Read 27450 times)

Offline Deano45

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 16
    • Email
Re: Deano Candy white GTI
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2020, 02:38:13 pm »
Hey Deano, great thread!

Just wondering where you got the Audi A3 Sline 8V Gear-knob and gaiter, can't find the exact same one as you. Was it genuine?

Hi , Thanks ..I got mine off eBay a guy was selling a brand new genuine one. New ones come up for sale from time to time their are usually a few used About under sline 8v gear-knob.

Hope that helps,,

Cheers yeah i've found some now, although they look more square than whats in a GTI?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/193082936640

Did you have to unpick the leather and fit it to the GTI plastic parts?

Hi ..glad you have found what you have been looking for ...now to fit unpick the heavy duty staples on the Audi gear surround and replace with the gti surround.

Offline Deano45

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2020, 09:32:11 pm »
Another small update .... Decided to replace the wing mirror indicators as mine were in a poor state and also it gave me a good opportunity to strip down and give the mirror a good clean.  The new indicators were from Eurowagens and i liked the clear lens over the black backing.

Old indicators ...

03 by DEAN, on Flickr

New inicators...

01 by DEAN, on Flickr

Half way...

04 by DEAN, on Flickr

And Done!...

02 by DEAN, on Flickr

Also managed to find a genuine aluminium ashtray which is so much better than the plastic lid one i had in the first place .

05 by DEAN, on Flic

06 by DEAN, on Flickr

The cars going into the body shop tomorrow to have the passenger door and rear quarter panel resprayed due to some lacquer peel ..might enquire about getting the side skirts painted at some point too lots of idea floating about,,,,

Offline Sixteen

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2020, 04:01:27 pm »
Car is looking great, some nice choice mods too.

Mine is candy white and love the colour! Definitely the best colour they came in, used to have a black MK5, but always wanted a white one.

Personally I love the contrast between the black and white around the car, so would never body colour any plastic parts - funnily enough I'm not keen on a white ED30.

Where did you get the headlight switch from? I've ordered a set from Bold Sport, but have been waiting ages and don't think they're trading anymore? Luckily I paid through PayPal.

Offline Sixteen

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2020, 04:14:20 pm »
Hi.. have you a link for the headlights ? Need to fleshing mine up. Thanks.. beautiful car

Hi ..here’s  the link To headlights hope this helps ...thanks ... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/274295557564

Are these still the same headlights you bought, as they say Xenon headlights, not "projector" or "xenon style"? Cheers.

Offline Deano45

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2020, 03:59:44 pm »
Car is looking great, some nice choice mods too.

Mine is candy white and love the colour! Definitely the best colour they came in, used to have a black MK5, but always wanted a white one.

Personally I love the contrast between the black and white around the car, so would never body colour any plastic parts - funnily enough I'm not keen on a white ED30.

Where did you get the headlight switch from? I've ordered a set from Bold Sport, but have been waiting ages and don't think they're trading anymore? Luckily I paid through PayPal.

Hi ,,,Thanks for comments  I totally agree with you I always wanted a white one and my first mk5 gti was black too funny that . Anyway still not decided on the side skirts yet and in the mean time still lots of ideas .

The headlight switch + window switches + fuel switch was from a uk company on eBay Only paid £22 for the Lot and was really impressed with the quality.

The headlights in the link are the ones  I brought for mine.

Also found these .......... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/333398885049

Offline Deano45

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2020, 10:56:08 pm »
Small update with the car first of All ...The car in now back from the bodyshop the guys again did a brilliant job as always .Anyway they have sprayed the Whole of the passenger side of the car along with taking out some small dents no more dents and no more lacker peel I.m happy also ..I found the brake vacuum pipes had some splits on two of the pipes unfortunately you can’t buy the pipes separately And come as one the good news was the  price only £29 from vw which is a winner

Also managed in find a second hand set of r32 rear lights on eBay in very good condition which I’m over the moon about ..Nothing really needs to said about these Apart from they are so much better than the standard rear lights. I’m now on the look out for some R32/S3 front brake calipers?

86A243CE-2166-4B89-A9E6-CF45F396EBFC by DEAN, on Flickr

And all fitted ...

FF6CD8EA-8B6E-4560-846F-B4185A257B8D by DEAN, on Flickr

Also decided to make a start on giving the rest of the paint work some TCL ..Brought a litre bottle of auto finesse iron out and used 3/4 litre on the car don’t know when it last received a good clean and paint correction I have herd good things about chemical guys products and have just brought a new da polisher and some vss polish to start things Off,,

CB6F398E-E9C6-48A3-8FC4-1AA04EEF2E46 by DEAN, on Flickr

« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 12:15:33 am by Deano45 »

Offline Deano45

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2020, 01:21:16 pm »

New Mk7 key for the mk5 ......

10779CA9-88DE-4858-8C73-D08EE191A6CB by DEAN, on Flickr

Offline Mekaniko

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2020, 02:31:15 pm »
Very nice with the R32 lights!! 

I noticed that you have the original privacy glass or is a black window trim?

Offline Deano45

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2020, 11:35:23 pm »
Very nice with the R32 lights!! 

I noticed that you have the original privacy glass or is a black window trim?

Hi , thanks . It’s the original privacy glass fitted from factory.

Offline Sixteen

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2020, 04:37:05 pm »
Another small update ...ive managed to get a few bits done even though i have not washed  the car since i brought it ...anyway maybe a job for tomorrow as its crying out for it..

so this happened today i decided to fit the Audi A4 Exhaust trims as a temporary measure for now to cover up the stock rusty tailpipes until i get new exhaust system.

14 by DEAN, on Flickr

13 by DEAN, on Flickr

When you fitted these exhaust tips, did you cut off the original rusty tips? I've bought a pair from Amazon, but they won't fit over the original rusty tips. I can see they're spot welded on, so was thinking that needs to be cut through and the tips knocked off?

The original GTI exhaust tips measure 70mm diameter, but the most I can find the tips go upto is 67mm (which is what i've got).

Thanks, Elliot

Offline Deano45

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2020, 01:41:23 pm »
Another small update ...ive managed to get a few bits done even though i have not washed  the car since i brought it ...anyway maybe a job for tomorrow as its crying out for it..

so this happened today i decided to fit the Audi A4 Exhaust trims as a temporary measure for now to cover up the stock rusty tailpipes until i get new exhaust system.

14 by DEAN, on Flickr

13 by DEAN, on Flickr

When you fitted these exhaust tips, did you cut off the original rusty tips? I've bought a pair from Amazon, but they won't fit over the original rusty tips. I can see they're spot welded on, so was thinking that needs to be cut through and the tips knocked off?

The original GTI exhaust tips measure 70mm diameter, but the most I can find the tips go upto is 67mm (which is what i've got).

Thanks, Elliot

Hi , I brought my Audi A4 tips from amazon too,, it’s the first time I’ve ever fitted them but mine fitted over the original rusty tailpipes and I had to adjust the inner metal tabs for a snug fit I just thought all A4 tips would fit over standard golf gti tailpipes has they are much larger ...

Offline Sixteen

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2020, 02:41:52 pm »
Ok, thanks for confirming. I have managed to find some that are 70mm diameter and above, but estimated delivery is September! There's a pair on ebay for sale that i'm going to try out and hopefully fit. They all seem to be a little hit-or-miss with the sizes reading through the reviews on Amazon for the ones i've bought.

Offline Deano45

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2020, 10:26:03 pm »
Another small update on the car .. ..Large parcel arrived for me the other day in the shape of my new AP Coil-overs just want to mention LC5F'S build thread for posting the link that was awesome such a great deal!  as for fitting i have managed to fit the rears which we all know are easy then got carried away instead of finishing one job started another one which is backwards i know anyway on a positive note it will all come together.  So the other job a started was to replace the front brake calipers for some r32 calipers i picked up last week the calipers them self's were in good condition but still needed striping down i replaced the bleed screws and fitted some Hel braided lines that delete the hard pipe which is a nice oem upgrade and looks nice too...

New AP Coilovers

5 by DEAN, on Flickr

R32 calipers the start...

7 by DEAN, on Flickr

6 by DEAN, on Flickr

12 by DEAN, on Flickr

9 by DEAN, on Flickr

All finished and such a great oem upgrade over the standard gti weak brakes i now need to replace the rear ones for some drilled discs. too.

also managed to do a couple more things decided to do a rear wiper delete and got this glass plug from Germany  another great bit of kit.

2 by DEAN, on Flickr

3 by DEAN, on Flickr

and last of all after replacing my wing Mirror indicators for some Eurowagens smoked indicators i was still not happy so iv'e brought a set of dynamic indicators which look so clean and the light output is excellent ,,

1 by DEAN, on Flickr

4 by DEAN, on Flickr

Offline Deano45

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2020, 07:37:15 pm »
This is my latest acquisition a pair of Alloy Audi TT Mk2 lower control arms ..........................................................................

1 by DEAN, on Flickr

Offline CAPTAIN BRITAIN

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 12
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2020, 08:29:11 pm »
Were the sequential indicators an easy diy job? They are very cool