General > Detailing

Upolstery/Carpet cleaning formula for Bissell

(1/3) > >>

LC5F:
Just picked up a Bissell spotclean pro
I am looking forward to finally cleaning the Gti fabric upholstery and carpet - only had it 8 months!

Normally Bissell expect a cleaning formula to added to the water tank or I could use a sprayed cleaner and use warm water from the tank - what product and usage  recommendations do people have?

chimp400:
I’d probably use the household type stuff in the tank to be honest, maybe give the carpets a spray of some Autoglym interior shampoo cleaner I had on the shelf for a few minutes beforehand.

pudding:
I spray the fabric and carpets with 1001 carpet/upholstery cleaner, agitate it with a drill brush, and then bissell them with just hot water.  Great results  :happy2:

The problem I've found with using a cleaner chemical in the bissell tank is it generates a lot of foam, which can p1ss out of the bottom of the machine.  Or maybe I just put too much chemical in  :grin:   Keep the filter clear as well (blocks up super fast) otherwise that also causes leaks out of the bottom.

LC5F:
Thanks for the replies - I was waiting for a set of drill brushes from China & for Halfords to open

I went for Meguiars carpet & interior cleaner -
seems to have worked well, this is the human slime from just one pass on rear seat base and drivers seat  :ashamed:

bobby_fodge:
I have a Vax wet and dry thing and it's terrifying how much muddy water you get out of just one seat even after 3 or 4 passes.

I'd say it's an annual job especially if you have little people who sit in the back of the car.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version