Make a donation

Author Topic: Upolstery/Carpet cleaning formula for Bissell  (Read 3531 times)

Offline LC5F

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 79
Upolstery/Carpet cleaning formula for Bissell
« on: May 30, 2020, 10:58:40 am »
Just picked up a Bissell spotclean pro
I am looking forward to finally cleaning the Gti fabric upholstery and carpet - only had it 8 months!

Normally Bissell expect a cleaning formula to added to the water tank or I could use a sprayed cleaner and use warm water from the tank - what product and usage  recommendations do people have?

Offline chimp400

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 46
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
  • My Ride: 2008 Edition 30
Re: Upolstery/Carpet cleaning formula for Bissell
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2020, 08:30:59 am »
I’d probably use the household type stuff in the tank to be honest, maybe give the carpets a spray of some Autoglym interior shampoo cleaner I had on the shelf for a few minutes beforehand.
2008 Edition 30, R-Tech Stage 1 plus many other mods.

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2020, 04:28:01 pm »
I spray the fabric and carpets with 1001 carpet/upholstery cleaner, agitate it with a drill brush, and then bissell them with just hot water.  Great results  :happy2:

The problem I've found with using a cleaner chemical in the bissell tank is it generates a lot of foam, which can p1ss out of the bottom of the machine.  Or maybe I just put too much chemical in  :grin:   Keep the filter clear as well (blocks up super fast) otherwise that also causes leaks out of the bottom.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline LC5F

• Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 79
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2020, 03:54:38 pm »
Thanks for the replies - I was waiting for a set of drill brushes from China & for Halfords to open

I went for Meguiars carpet & interior cleaner -
seems to have worked well, this is the human slime from just one pass on rear seat base and drivers seat  :ashamed:

Offline bobby_fodge

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 38
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2020, 01:07:45 pm »
I have a Vax wet and dry thing and it's terrifying how much muddy water you get out of just one seat even after 3 or 4 passes.

I'd say it's an annual job especially if you have little people who sit in the back of the car.

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2020, 05:51:54 pm »
Thanks for the replies - I was waiting for a set of drill brushes from China & for Halfords to open

I went for Meguiars carpet & interior cleaner -
seems to have worked well, this is the human slime from just one pass on rear seat base and drivers seat  :ashamed:

Yup  :grin:   It's just general grime mate.  Dirt/dust coming in through the windows, air vents and sunroof.  Wouldn't be surprised if some of that blackness is diesel soot as well tbh.

Offline Dsuarez22

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2020, 09:23:15 pm »
I'm terribly sorry for posting here but I want to thank you because it really helped me to clean carpets in my car

Offline Dsuarez22

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2020, 08:25:10 pm »
You know, the carpets in my cars are my real problem. Usually the car washing service don't clean perfectly, like I want. So, recently I found a solution to my problem. I took the car's carpets in a service https://www.sunlightfinerugcare.com/ that I usually use to clean the carpets from my house. The result was amazing. The professional dry cleaning worked perfectly. No matter how dirty my carpets were, this service always cleaned them perfectly. They do professional cleaning of my carpets in a very precise way. The most important thing that I save much time and my carpets are always clean.

Offline akbarirfan

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 18
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2020, 01:08:12 am »
I spray the fabric and carpets with 1001 carpet/upholstery cleaner, agitate it with a drill brush, and then bissell them with just hot water.  Great results  :happy2:

The problem I've found with using a cleaner chemical in the bissell tank is it generates a lot of foam, which can p1ss out of the bottom of the machine.  Or maybe I just put too much chemical in  :grin:   Keep the filter clear as well (blocks up super fast) otherwise that also causes leaks out of the bottom.

Which drill brush attachment do you use?

Thanks

Offline Octoparrot

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 99
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2020, 03:57:10 pm »
I got one of these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Professional-Scrubber-Surfaces-Upholstery-Furniture/dp/B07V6WHK3K?ref_=ast_sto_dp
 I found it worked really well. Don't be tempted to use a stiffer one on the seats, it will tear them apart!

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2020, 06:31:06 pm »
After a bout of choice paralysis, I just got this set, although it was a fiver cheaper last year! - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07HT7W7FB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s03?ie=UTF8&psc=1

As above, be careful on cloth seats.  Those ones didn't shred my ED30 cloth.  The brushes did 'rough up' the fibres on the driver's seat a little though, being the more worn seat, but I just ran my fabric shaver over it afterwards and it came up almost new  :happy2:

TBH you don't really need the brushes on the seats.  Just microfibre some 1001 upholstery cleaner into them, that's good enough.  The brushes are mainly for the carpets and that's where 90% of the filth lives in cars......and the headliner.....but defo don't use a drill brush on that!

Offline annykidsman

• Thank You
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2021, 10:57:02 am »
I do not think that dry cleaning is much more effective, although with its help you can achieve amazing results. My friend used a professional cleaning service for carpets and rugs, as he constantly orders carpets for himself and for sale, and I often see him doing this - he runs back and forth and makes sure that the carpet is not spoiled)) Scream. I cannot imagine if someone would start cleaning his car like his carpets, although he is much calmer about washing a car, but after dry cleaning in a small town (I regretted it three hundred times), the headliner began to fall off. Now I think why in different areas of cleaning services https://www.thecarparkman.co.uk/service/jet-washing/ they use different substances, and someone is doing well, but something strange is going on with me.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 03:32:03 pm by annykidsman »

Offline JakorSen

• Thank You
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2021, 10:13:47 am »
Hmm... well, you can clean it yourself with any formula, but when a professional does it, it's a big difference. For example, I was thinking about cleaning my carpets right after I had a flood problem in my apartment. Still, when I called the guys from https://premierfloodrestoration.com.au/carpet-drying-rockingham-wa/ to help me with the water extraction, they said it would be better to have the carpets professionally cleaned since they were so old and dusty. We did so, and we are very pleased with the results, so I recommend anyone to do so. It's just much more manageable, and you can be sure that they will clean them very well.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 10:37:54 am by JakorSen »