Make a donation

Author Topic: Where can I get carpet for rear seat delete MK5 GTI ed30  (Read 1971 times)

Offline Ed30Reflex

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Where can I get carpet for rear seat delete MK5 GTI ed30
« on: May 31, 2020, 10:14:57 pm »
Hi all,

New to forums so don’t no if this is the correct place to post!

I stripped out the rear of the car and I am wondering where I can get carpets to cover the rest to make it look nice before installing a strut brace, also how do you cover it when there is the steel from the the seat belt?

Many thanks!

Offline LC5F

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 79
Re: Where can I get carpet for rear seat delete MK5 GTI ed30
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2020, 01:24:18 pm »
Welcome

Usually people build a flat floor to cover the space - looks good, but thats adding weight back in!
Carpet is tricky one, I would got to a scrap yard, get a boot carpet and cut off the board underneath - a good chunk of matching carpet

Offline J4k3

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2020, 06:09:31 pm »
Stern performance parts do a complete custom carpet for the mk5 golf, this covers the complete rear for stripped out cars

Offline jaffa

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 44
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,90080.0.html
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2020, 09:53:10 pm »
Only charged dubs do oem carpet and it’s a very good match

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2020, 02:54:54 pm »
That looks cool.  Surprised the seats only weigh 30Kg! The bum cushions don't weigh anything but the back rests I could have sworn were more than 30Kg just those on their own when I took them out!

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2020, 06:54:26 pm »
Stereo installers usually have a carpet that will match. I seen different rolls of it at one here locally...just need to find the nearest match. Some choices have adhesive backing and some need to be sprayed with adhesive. Just not sure if there are many shops where you live. I see many options when I did a search for trunk/boot liner carpet.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 06:56:30 pm by ROH ECHT »
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

Offline Kiertfsi1990

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2020, 09:01:40 pm »
I made my rear seat delete

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Offline PROSEAL

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2020, 08:11:59 pm »
Search for car mats companies online (UK) and those that manufacture have 2m wide rolls of various carpet materials.  If you have a local one to you they might even cut to your pattern, means you getting a load of paper taping together and then gives you a profile.  Take it to one that manufactures (i.e. one that sells sets for £12.99 - they can afford to sell at that price if they make themselves.  Some, not all will have plotting to make and even sew a nice edge for you.  Otherwise contact them to sell you an offcut of the size you need.  No harm in asking...  Good luck

Offline britanyweel

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2021, 12:46:18 pm »
You can order them from the manufacturer. This will be an ideal option for you, but it's gonna take you a lot of time, and it will be quite expensive. So here are other things that you can do: 1. Order them from ebay or aliexpress, or 2. take the carpets out and have a restoration company clean them for you ( https://primeflooddamagerestoration.com.au/carpet-drying-campbelltown/ this one, for example).  I have tried deep cleaning, and it helped a little bit. If you want them to look clean, then it should be enough!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 10:30:06 pm by britanyweel »