Make a donation

Author Topic: Help with RNS510 Bluetooth Module - just need confirmation I have done OK  (Read 635 times)

Offline PROSEAL

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Hi, looking for some guidance with my MK5 factory fitted with RNS510.  Presently the car does not have MFSW, instead uses the wiper stalk to control the Highline Red MFD+.
This weekend I installed the OEM Bluetooth module 9W2 type - 1K8 035 730D with pass-through OEM loom (no splicing).

However, I have not yet actually plugged in the module (underneath the driver seat).  Both have been located and ready.

Problem is that Ross-Tech advise this is good for both Red and White screen MFD/MFI, but many other sellers seem to show this module now only suitable for MK6 Golf...so I am nervous to plug in and create errors across the various related modules.  Needing to find a garage that can program.  But secondly to this, some of the online references also advise that I need MFSW buttons to be able to add the phone, as the RNS510 cannot do such.  Is this correct?

Should I wait until the MFSW is installed (MK5) and then attempt to setup at such time?

Or will this bluetooth module work now (assuming I find somebody local to Jct 24 M1) to do such?  Have I used the right module?  According to Ross tech, the 730D supersedes the A, B and C models in the notes.

Any advice would be appreciated...