Make a donation

Author Topic: Best Bluetooth Module for RNS510 without MFSW?  (Read 1065 times)

Offline PROSEAL

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Best Bluetooth Module for RNS510 without MFSW?
« on: June 12, 2020, 12:42:36 pm »
If any of you have an RNS510 installed without MFSW (buttons) on steering wheel - but do have an OEM bluetooth module under your seat - what part number do you have and what functions does it give you?

Really hoping one of you has 1K8 035 730D installed?  But if not please will let me know your number and what features you have.

It is looking likely that I need to do a MK5 MFSW retrofit to get functionality.  It would seem if i enable this 1k8 module, i will not have anyway to pair the phone as need menu access via MFD+, but this module does not appear to work through the Red Highline display.  i hoped it would through the RNS510, but others online state it will not either.  So hoping that one of you does use this module and if not find somebody on here who has another OEM module that will get me working.

Also considering a Polar BT Bluetooth module.

https://www.autopolar.net/product/polar-bt-bluetooth/

Have any of you installed one of these - any good for my setup?

Thank you MK5ers...!

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
Re: Best Bluetooth Module for RNS510 without MFSW?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2020, 09:45:19 pm »
I have the bt polar box installed in mine and its very good but mine has the mfsw in which is a good option also
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 09:54:35 pm by Andy »

Offline PROSEAL

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2020, 12:01:40 pm »
Hi Andy,

Thank you for the reply.  Much appreciated.  OK cool, what is your setup exactly?

Is the BT Polar Box an all-in-one solution?  Does it allow screen to function on the RNS510 and the MFD+?

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2020, 05:20:50 pm »
Have a rns510 with the blue tooth module and the bt polar box installed.. The polar allows the phone book calls etc in the dashboard clocks and it also stops battery drain and allows blue tooth streaming
« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 05:48:44 pm by Andy »