All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Milltek vs Pipewerx

<< < (5/6) > >>

Powervalve Nige:
All of our systems are 3.00"  and come with a huge variable option list :happy2:
Cheers
Nige

Mobrrown45:
Just got a full milltek system, will it be MOT friendly?, haven’t fitted it yet so may stay with stock if so

Wastedspark:
Hi

Is there much of a difference in noise when fitting an after market down pipe? I currently have a miltek cat back with resonator on my mk5 GTI

ZoliWorks:
I've fitted a 200 cell downpipe. Only difference I noticed is a rattling sound under acceleration. There's no difference in noise. I've kept the original exhausts and I probably wont replace them because I want the car to be comfy on long roads. It has the exact same sound as my naturally aspirated golf, which has a sports cat because it was the cheapest option as a replacement part when my OEM cat failed. Sound video below.



Like it's not rattling in the proper sense, but I have no clue how to describe it. Basically a sound that wasn't there with the stock cat.

Wastedspark:
Is it the tingy noise you get from a stainless exhaust? Hopefully not detonation!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version