Make a donation

Author Topic: Engine Oil Control VVT broken connector repair  (Read 1246 times)

Offline jeno96

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
Engine Oil Control VVT broken connector repair
« on: July 08, 2020, 08:43:20 pm »
Hello!

On my Golf5GTI BWA, the VVT solenoid connector is broken, there is no issue (no error code) currently.
I wonder, if I am able to glue somehow the plastic part to hold it correctly.
I searched and found J-B WELD PLASTIC BONDER, which says it can resist up to 287C.
What do you think, without replacing the part, will it hold without any issue?
I also found the OEM code if someone needs 06f109257c.

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
Re: Engine Oil Control VVT broken connector repair
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2020, 05:47:25 pm »
Hard to see which part is broken?  The connector or the VVT solenoid itself?  If the latter, it's not an expensive part and I'd just buy a new one personally.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline jeno96

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2020, 10:27:10 pm »
The solenoid's connector only. (It should be straight, but it is bended currently and only the cable holds it). I hate when I need to replace the whole part because some plastic is broken, but true it is relatively cheap.
After some research, I find out that J-B WELD PLASTIC BONDER doesn't have any temp rating, so I go with JB weld original.

Offline muff1991

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 69
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2020, 03:12:48 pm »
This same issue happened to me. I actually had a code flag up. After investigating.. i found the same issue you have there only my pins from inside the sensor were barely touching the points inside the connector plug hence the code. i removed the sensor and gently straightened the 2 pins from the sensor, glued the plastic back together and the problem was fixed!!

Confession: i only used super glue and after a week or so of this being fixed, i managed to lean on it or knock it while doing something else and it snapped again.. lol my own fault! so spent £20 and got an ebay cheapy.. it was around £90 for a genuine one and i didn't have the money at the time. Touch wood though.. the ebay cheapy is still going strong nearly 2 years on!