Make a donation

Author Topic: Retrofit Discover Media MiB2 PQ Navigation Issues  (Read 1592 times)

Offline damfos

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Retrofit Discover Media MiB2 PQ Navigation Issues
« on: July 24, 2020, 04:06:38 pm »
Hi Guys,
New here so go easy!
I am currently doing an install with one of these discover mib2 media units on a 2005 Vw Transporter T5 which unfortunately doesn't have the luxury of upgrading the can gateway as Golfs as it's in the dash cluster, it ran an RNS510 with a Kufatec wiring canbus  module prior to this install perfectly. I have now noticed with the Discover MiB2 unit the map,navigation issue as described back in this forum a couple of years ago. I saw that a few of you have successfully installed these with the early Mk5's and came across this problem. I don't think it's my GPS antenna at fault.
If you don't mind me asking what was if any the conclusion with regards the lacking correct secondary speed signals from the abs ecu for the navigation current vehicle position to work correctly? pab567 was working on a bolt on module solution, I am unable to find him or anything further to assist including the T5 forums?
I do not want to give up on this as the system is a massive improvement on the last.
Many Thanks