• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
Sky
« on: August 09, 2020, 10:24:39 pm »
During the lock down I upgraded my sky broadband etc and got a new router and mini q box now today I get a email saying I haven't sent the old router back. Ring sky up and set it should of been a letter and package to sent it back but for the life of me never say it or was told there is a surcharge on the old router.. Looking like I will be paying for it tho
Any one else had this!

Offline Dogma

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 15
Re: Sky
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2020, 08:01:12 am »
During the lock down I upgraded my sky broadband etc and got a new router and mini q box now today I get a email saying I haven't sent the old router back. Ring sky up and set it should of been a letter and package to sent it back but for the life of me never say it or was told there is a surcharge on the old router.. Looking like I will be paying for it tho
Any one else had this!
Lol sky are so cheeky no other company  wants the old junk of a router back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MK5 ED30

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2020, 09:10:30 pm »
Indeed.  I have a pile of BT and Plusnet routers I never sent back  :grin:

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline colesey

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 89
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2020, 07:51:51 am »
I think BT expected their SmartHub models to be returned but tbh they can be bought pretty cheaply off ebay.  Made quite a decent improvement in speed and range over my Plusnet model, that said Plusnet are owned by BT and use their lines with an renamed older model router.

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2020, 08:27:18 pm »
The PNet is a HomeHub 4 I think. Likewise, I run my PNet account through a HomeHub 6 and get much better performance.  Only snag is HHs try and go off to BT’s servers for updates every few hours (hard coded), which if connected to an ethernet network, seems to drop the connection and resets the hub. Weird, and really annoying!

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D